Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I just turned 38 in December, I was in my late teens early 20’s when the White Stripes and Strokes became a thing, they were the soundtrack to my young adulthood. I appreciate that they were able to help make rock music “cool” again for a short while. That being said for a younger generation, that was not there during the time I can see how it easily mixes in with a lot and of what came before. Not so much a revolution as a modern revival.

And those same kids will rave over how incredible the spectacularly mediocre Arctic Monkeys are.

White Stripes >>>>>>> post WS Jack White
Post white stripes jack White is partially what made me hate them (wasn't into led Zeppelin style blues rock in the first place), giving a premium pretentious 7" box set to what's probably jay z's worst album just made me cringe

The raconteurs "steady as she goes" is alright though

Post white stripes jack White is partially what made me hate them (wasn't into led Zeppelin style blues rock in the first place), giving a premium pretentious 7" box set to what's probably jay z's worst album just made me cringe

The raconteurs "steady as she goes" is alright though
That song is inferior to basically every White Stripes single. I was so disappointed when it came out after being such a giant WS fan. It's just so.... toothless.

Back