Vinyl Me Please Essentials

i never really liked the white stripes (elephant is overrated boomer shit and jack white seems like a pretentious douche). and i dont really want a stevie nicks album on vinyl (i like fleetwood mac but only really rumours)

unless hip hop is AMAZING next month i'm officially unsubbing

Thats my teenage years/early 20s and we were neither boomers or even gen x, we were the millennials 🤬

Not as glam as Bolan, at least not before Bolan, right? I'm wondering if there's something about early Stooges that I'm missing, but I've never heard them referred to as glam rock at all even though Iggy started putting makeup on.

yeah Bolan and Bowie started glam for sure but Iggy can be credited for it in the US as much as The Dolls imo.

He has no idea what he is talking about. Again.

The Dolls were the birth of glam in NYC and this is entirely documented in PLEASE KILL ME. The Stooges followed the MC5 out of Detroit, it was a whole different scene.
Yeah I always thought of them as following in MC5's footsteps and taking it further in a more focused direction.

I thought for years Iggy Pop & Stooges were a UK band, probably due to Trainspotting Lust For Life or the use of I Wanna Be Your Dog in a Guy Ritchie movie I think Lock Stock 2 Smoking Barrels (lost the card game into an anxiety induced spin scene?) It's not that long ago I realised American. I find Iggy so intriguing though and Stooges have a great raw edgy sound that appeals to me. I'll definitely enjoy spinning this album even though I admittedly have not heard it in its entirety in either mix. Edit: I should probably add I am familiar with stooges & more so Iggy but from a "This is the stooges" spotify playlist POV I'm not going in blind here 😂

Last edited:
Great picks for the next three months, IMO. Pretty colors too! Hope the next two classics picks are just as good. Anticipating the shipments and/or pressings will be delayed, obviously, but will be happy to get them whenever that may be.

Oh that is very true. But I'm saying Bowie didn't invent glam. This is all sounding like a SHF thread now lol
Can i say how much I love we’re discussing the origins of glam rock tonight?!? Nice distraction for sure.

Cheers folks.
Lol, what does VMP need to pick for us to start arguing about where punk started?

Back