Vinyl Me Please Essentials

pEQHeYDQzihPd09VeoCKO_KadEo3OSWT-M9cZMD1SxB1orLbWsDlzXTdpZfSFe7rGT3ChSCG14x7JYUoO2QgdbHU3gpg8hcj6cVkInZvGiI9BqYJGs16PJxrWX4EttBgvf1cwFjuguYppnKCGzm_uJaUKF8BX-HSl78htz9XOFQ8jKqmiVlnI7wI27dFfDnb3rCGLEz3JjIE6SGYoHrE-hQl9qlr0QQtyqPxDiJzKHpAWQFL-AcZS7WKttf-JFl11XPaJsqIviJS8RqE_vNOW1_yVAjA6QuCQ-cuKSVOE09-5GhPQhNvh4nA16JCGW7skLjToo3A5UN8QvMN8sX1astwfz0SyZZ7reusUG1cr5ACXUlo_fnQdLPVEsMhyERfMfZq2lqbDYxOTn4NqV7c8OBV1QtOHTTIKKwg0nqOglkMQ4XbCn_KwYj1MX0yVcAa0QWpF25fOAzIyUo-V6oBcjW9fakGcvxl0a3LQe4ASds7PSkIUmSGTC_XsUiOc7F2yAIrXJGD2qC1hoqDojw1aeHq53zAyNrp0Bmsywprf7X4YiDyrFY0GpJVBr8MEPAd6aAggqfK1M9HOvdoYRAptke9dLclB7_S44xWeTiy32_Nf70U5cbStw81HJNeaYf9I0OT3jPLXL7t8uBrdnGRBI-vX75CTMus1fFCloHJi1DciqksAmtQRHE=w744-h1322-no

i dont even know if i WANT caroline rose but i want phrenology and El-P so i was still going to join but i was also hoping to know april as well because i wanted to know what i was getting for these next 3 months.. and now im overly stressed because i dont know if i want 2 of the 3 albums im getting
Is SWAPs getting empty for you? There’s 2 or 3 classics I’m still interested in, and a couple exclusives if they last.

Hmm, translucent brown w/ black smoke. Not great. But I’m in. Potentially gold foil on the jacket?

Is SWAPs getting empty for you? There’s 2 or 3 classics I’m still interested in, and a couple exclusives if they last.
empty

i dont have any older titles i really want (not big on the classics and i got all the R&HH and essentials i want since i have been a member for like 5 years)

I'm not a huge Roots guy either but I like the pick. Love the Carolina Rose pick. Loser was one of the best albums to come out that year. And given I'm not the poster hanging type, I don't care to get an autographed poster that will never go up to begin with.

i just want to know what april is so i actually know i wont be dissapointed by storf again

i still hold a grudge after lloyd miller was not good (i wanted radical free jazz not boring iranian modal jazz)

i dont even know if i WANT caroline rose but i want phrenology and El-P so i was still going to join but i was also hoping to know april as well because i wanted to know what i was getting for these next 3 months.. and now im overly stressed because i dont know if i want 2 of the 3 albums im getting

Hate to break it to you (and I'm sure you are well aware), but doing business with VMP is anything but stress-free. It's been this way for at least a year or so, starting with the multi-month delays and devolving into the recent shenanigans. Collecting vinyl and enjoying music should be fun, not an expensive roll of the dice. If you enjoy being a member, keep at it, but know that VMP releases - especially those from the 3 tracks - can easily be found on discogs...often at comparable prices, and occasionally for less.

Hate to break it to you (and I'm sure you are well aware), but doing business with VMP is anything but stress-free. It's been this way for at least a year or so, starting with the multi-month delays and devolving into the recent shenanigans. Collecting vinyl and enjoying music should be fun, not an expensive roll of the dice. If you enjoy being a member, keep at it, but know that VMP releases - especially those from the 3 tracks - can easily be found on discogs...often at comparable prices, and occasionally for less.
1. i dont like used vinyl... i feel uncomfortable having to reclean it and make sure my anxiety prone brain doesn't cause any issues...
2. the stress is more based on the fact that change is happening and my autistic brain does not like change (i expected this to be coming on the 27th saying "oh hey we are getting phrenology, caroline rose, and some band thats kinda punky")
3. i dunno how to figure out what albums im gonna buy for my own sanity without it.. i mean i could fill up my backlog with how much i pay but i legit want at least one of these and i liked the single on album 2 (i just assumed it was more country bullshit)

also in paranoid blackmail i ordered moses sumney from them because it wouldn't cost shipping and i am scared if i cancel anytime before may i will have to pay shipping for moses sumney (though that one can be fixed with a refund)

Last edited:
i'm on the caroline rose train now after listening to loner (no country shit on this so im happy)

also is it just me or does she kinda look like contrapoints on the cover (bad time to look like contrapoints.... google the drama if you need to know that)

1. i dont like used vinyl... i feel uncomfortable having to reclean it and make sure my anxiety prone brain doesn't cause any issues...
2. the stress is more based on the fact that change is happening and my autistic brain does not like change (i expected this to be coming on the 27th saying "oh hey we are getting phrenology, caroline rose, and some band thats kinda punky")
3. i dunno how to figure out what albums im gonna buy for my own sanity without it.. i mean i could fill up my backlog with how much i pay but i legit want at least one of these and i liked the single on album 2 (i just assumed it was more country bullshit)

I hear you, it's not easy to move on from a familiar (I was going to say trusted or reliable, but...) source of curation. That said:

1. For what it's worth, there are almost always mint/sealed VMP releases available on discogs, so no worries there.
2. If your brain does not like change, or uncertainty, VMP is an interesting brand to hitch yourself to.
3. A very high percentage of VMP releases can be found elsewhere. 'Phrenology' will almost certainly see a wider release, and you can order Caroline Rose today from New West. If you really like their curation, you can always seek out other places to buy copies, often colored variants. As an added bonus, it will likely cost less, and arrive weeks if not months earlier, often in better condition. Or, you can always circle back to #1.

Also, the N+G community is a great source of curation, superior to VMP in my opinion. At the end of the day, it's your money, but know that other options do exist!

3. A very high percentage of VMP releases can be found elsewhere. 'Phrenology' will almost certainly see a wider release, and you can order Caroline Rose today from New West. If you really like their curation, you can always seek out other places to buy copies, often colored variants. As an added bonus, it will likely cost less, and arrive weeks if not months earlier, often in better condition. Or, you can always circle back to #1.
agree with caroline and other places to buy new copies... the real question is IF phrenology is getting the reissue

I imagine I'm the only person here who is mega excited for Caroline Rose but who really doesn't care much for the Roots. Happy to see her get promoted to "Essentials" after going through Exclusive level first.

No, there's actually at least one other person like you. Love Caroline Rose's last LP. Enjoying the direction of the new single. Never liked the Roots much, though I've tried.

agree with caroline and other places to buy new copies... the real question is IF phrenology is getting the reissue

considering how they hyped up the first qotsa Vinyl release ( well knowing that a General press was around the Corner, i cannot imagine that they would not hype that being the only release of phrenology for a while all over that announcement.

considering how they hyped up the first qotsa Vinyl release ( well knowing that a General press was around the Corner, i cannot imagine that they would not hype that being the only release of phrenology for a while all over that announcement.
still no confirmation OR preorder for phrenology yet or a preorder for el p (also you got to think about shipping which makes the black caroline pine actually more expensive at 28 dollars instead of 27)

I imagine I'm the only person here who is mega excited for Caroline Rose but who really doesn't care much for the Roots. Happy to see her get promoted to "Essentials" after going through Exclusive level first.
Seems likely. It also seems like the type of essential that a lot of Roots fans might end up as a consequence for signing up for a 3 month sub. Caroline Rose has a “$14 price tag on the secondary market in about 2-3 months” written all over it.

Back