Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Man, I have some wild imagery in my head from Nathan’s post.

Country is being ravaged by fires for months while a dude is out jogging and commenting to himself how that fire mist is just great for his morning run!

I’m going to write a punk rock song about it.
Live look in at Nathan in training:

Last edited:
Man, I have some wild imagery in my head from Nathan’s post.

Country is being ravaged by fires for months while a dude is out jogging and commenting to himself how that fire mist is just great for his morning run!

I’m going to write a punk rock song about it.

The song needs to be entitled something like:

Marathon through the Wildfire.
or
Aussie Lust Burns out of control
Or
The burning wasteland only fuels my lust

I remember someone else reporting clicking on their Aretha Franklin record. Was is on the last song of side A? If so, mine has it too. 😐

Edit: fuck the last song on side b has it too. 😡

Last edited:
I remember someone else reporting clicking on their Aretha Franklin record. Was is on the last song of side A? If so, mine has it too. 😐

Edit: fuck the last song on side b has it too. 😡
Yes sir it certainly is the last song on Side A. Another botched GZ pressing. It goes along nicely with my botched TMR pressing Stones VMP exclusive and the botched pressing of VMP Grace...

Also, interesting to note a misprint on the Swing Lo Magellan: the hype sticker and foil stamp list this erroneously as "Vinyl Me, Please Essentials" and not "Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive Pressing".

I've started the initial listing on Discogs here: Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan

That's me on Discogs, btw.

I haven't seen any other examples of a misprint/misfoil that would make something a different series, so this may need further discussion in a forum thread on Discogs.

I haven't seen any other examples of a misprint/misfoil that would make something a different series, so this may need further discussion in a forum thread on Discogs.
Yeah, I am fairly certain that different Hype Stickers don’t require a separate entry from what I recall. If there is zero difference in pressing or the jacket/sleeve/label info. But as you said that’s a Discogs thread discussion.

Did you guys get a crazy huge/stack of nickels deep warp on yours? Or is this a different “warp variant” that I got?

Did you guys get a crazy huge/stack of nickels deep warp on yours? Or is this a different “warp variant” that I got?
Me in 2018: Good news! VMP customers service is super great. Shoot them an email and I am sure they will take care of you.

Me in 2020: Well, you’re probably fucked. Good luck!

Me in 2018: Good news! VMP customers service is super great. Shoot them an email and I am sure they will take care of you.

Me in 2020: Well, you’re probably fucked. Good luck!
I have two pending replacement requests. One (Yusef Lateef) that had been confirmed by email in November saying it would go out soon (this was before the system switch, so that request is gone and will probably never be fulfilled) and the second is Danny Brown, for which I have not received a response after I emailed my video of side A clicking in early December. Should I even bother to let them know I have another issue with this new warp? This company exhausts me.

I have two pending replacement requests. One (Yusef Lateef) that had been confirmed by email in November saying it would go out soon (this was before the system switch, so that request is gone and will probably never be fulfilled) and the second is Danny Brown, for which I have not received a response after I emailed my video of side A clicking in early December. Should I even bother to let them know I have another issue with this new warp? This company exhausts me.
I had a similar time replacement request for Brubeck and it just showed up, so there is some hope I guess. It had been listed as unfulfilled on my orders page for a couple weeks though, is yours?

I would let them know you have another issue. Sounds like they are replying to new emails before old ones lately.

I would, but I am the guy that calls the phone or cable company if they overcharge by $3.00 and will wait on hold and take down everyone’s names while politely demanding that my issue be resolved until it is even if it takes hours and multiple calls. I would send em an email only about this specific record order (don’t check on the other shit). Attach a video showing the warp. Tell them it is unacceptable and what they need to do to make it right. I had a dinged corner on my Aretha and after my email they had a new one shipped out to me 4 days later. The sooner the better though, before they run out of copies.

Last edited:
I would but I am the guy that calls the phone or cable company if they overcharge by $3.00 and will wait on hold and take down everyone’s names politely demanding that my issue is resolved until it is even if it takes hours and multiple calls. I would send em an email only about this specific record order (don’t check on the other shit). Attach a video showing the warp. Tell them it is unacceptable and what they need to do to make it right. I had a dinged corner on my Aretha and after my email they had a new one shipped out to me 4 days later. The sooner the better though, before they run out of copies.
Just out of curiosity, when did you get that Aretha shipped, because mine is effed and they told me they're out.

I had a similar time replacement request for Brubeck and it just showed up, so there is some hope I guess. It had been listed as unfulfilled on my orders page for a couple weeks though, is yours?

I would let them know you have another issue. Sounds like they are replying to new emails before old ones lately.
The replacement that he confirmed isn’t even listed in my orders, just the original order that says “fulfilled.”

With the new year, I’ve done a lot of reflecting and have realized how silly it is to spend more money and deal with more frustration to get an already-available record in a different color variant (usually bent/warped/clicking and in a color that is often a new shade of of poop).

is it better?

Back