Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Also interesting to note is that initially it was said that the announcement would be for Feb/Mar/Apr. Wonder if something changed.

Also, a brand new album for March is...not great for a company struggling like this and giving away $1000s in un-ordered records. I imagine there will be a lot of cancellations after Phrenology.
Not great but also nothing new. They got a lot of positive response to the Caroline Rose exclusive they had so it's not surprising they are featuring her new album. Similar thing happened with Moses Sumney.

I am actually pretty excited that Caroline Rose is an essentials pick. I love her last two albums and its cool for her to get some recognition. Really NOT wanting to sign up for another 3 months of VMP tho so I am hoping it sticks around the store for a bit.

It will almost certainly be available on discogs. No need to sign back up unless you want to.

Okay so Phrenology is legit huge, but I'm already dreading it because I KNOW I'm gunna get a fucked up copy one way or another and they'll claim to be out of replacements by the time they get back to me. But either way you gotta think this is getting a wide release shortly after...

Of the last 16 things I ordered from these clowns, 12 arrived with either bad pressing issues causing noise and crackle or shipping damage, 2 never arrived due to being cancelled and 2 were actually clean. Of the damaged records 6 had to be refunded due to them claiming they had no replacements.

I am actually pretty excited that Caroline Rose is an essentials pick. I love her last two albums and its cool for her to get some recognition. Really NOT wanting to sign up for another 3 months of VMP tho so I am hoping it sticks around the store for a bit.
You're welcome.

i dunno enough about caroline rose but wikipedia says beyond indie pop and rock that shes alt country and rockabilly, 2 genres i dont like.. also i thought we were getting the ROTMs from phrenology to april when its announced

She has moved on from her alt-country and rockabilly phase. 'Loner' was a fun ride, mostly grounded in indie rock/pop. This new one looks to be a flirtation with glam-pop, though with Caroline everything is a bit tongue in cheek.

You're welcome.

21 dollars for a version with an autographed poster

27 bucks for one with a booklet and pretty color

Last edited:
i dont even know if i WANT caroline rose but i want phrenology and El-P so i was still going to join but i was also hoping to know april as well because i wanted to know what i was getting for these next 3 months.. and now im overly stressed because i dont know if i want 2 of the 3 albums im getting

Back