Vinyl Me Please Essentials

FWIW Paulie on Reddit is teasing that a Metal album is coming soon, so maybe it's next quarter?
do it you cowards
Metallica_-_Load_cover.jpg

Equally intrigued and terrified by what's on the docket for the next quarter. So many solid choices to make from those years... but oh so many missteps to make as well. Gotta think they'll do something a little more palatable in April after the Musgraves pick. I know that pick is a sell out, but I'd wager that's got a lot to do with Musgraves tweeting out about it. And I'd also wager many of those who signed up just for it will not be around for the long haul.

I was once told by a friend who spent many years in the record industry that Danzig is very picky about his music getting released/reissued. I’d be very surprised if VMP were able to do that.

Saw on reddit he even knows what his pressings look like company to bootlegs and he won't sign bootlegs

I was once told by a friend who spent many years in the record industry that Danzig is very picky about his music getting released/reissued. I’d be very surprised if VMP were able to do that.
Yes-ish, but that's not the problem. He's been asked in interviews and he says he can't release/issue the first 4 Danzig records because Rick Rubin owns the rights (via American/def american) and just....hasn't done it.

FWIW Paulie on Reddit is teasing that a Metal album is coming soon, so maybe it's next quarter?
Honestly, if they're doing a metal album it'll almost certainly be Kill Em All from '83. But let's be honest, there's always the possibility they'll do Lick it Up from that same year.

1983 had a bunch of killer metal albums: metallica's kill 'em all, mercyful fate's "melissa", dio's holy diver, maiden's piece of mind, crue's shout at the devil, ozzy's bark at the moon, def leppard's pyromania, suicidal tendencies first album. of these the only ones that I could make a straight-faced case for "essential" album would be kill 'em all, melissa andpiece of mind, with kill 'em all being the clear head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest contender for "essentail".

1983 had a bunch of killer metal albums: metallica's kill 'em all, mercyful fate's "melissa", dio's holy diver, maiden's piece of mind, crue's shout at the devil, ozzy's bark at the moon, def leppard's pyromania, suicidal tendencies first album. of these the only ones that I could make a straight-faced case for "essential" album would be kill 'em all, melissa andpiece of mind, with kill 'em all being the clear head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest contender for "essentail".
There is some precedent with VMP doing the Metal Blade anthology that we could get Melissa. I’d really doubt it would be anything but a very mainstream metal album in Essentials though.

Back