Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'm more curious if you can make those masterings any better when they were recorded during the loudness wars
Yes. the mastering happens after the recording, so the recordings are not themselves brickwalled. There's a copy of death magnetic that you can find on the high seas that comes from the guitar hero audio, which isn't brickwalled like the CD. KEA (and RTL) are about as good as they're going to get, because they were recorded shitty (MOP has decent recording; AJFA mastering issues are because of bad choices when recording).

With all this Danzig talk, just a reminder that if the rest of the world want to get away from that silly metric system, no unit of measurement rocks harder than “Danzigs”…
I forgot how much fun this calculator is…
98F6F328-E253-4590-AB14-B2504F12CA12.jpeg

Did Paulie say that the metal record was one of the Essentials or just that it would be an exclusive?

Someone on Reddit was complaining about the gospel boxset saying that they wanted "more" metal and Paulie said soon..........

No idea what it actually means just thought I'd throw it out seeing as it's only going to fit the essential track unless they are revamping Classics!

What I would be hoping for, presuming 1983 is the metal pick:

1996 - Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
1983 - Metallica - Kill Them All
2003 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
Here's what I want regardless:

1983 - Dio Holy Diver or SRV Texas Flood
1996 - Afghan Whigs Black Love or Lemonheads Car Button Cloth
2003 - Twilight Singers Play Blackberry Belle or AFI Sing The Sorrow or Deftones S/T

Here's What I expect regardless:

1983 - Def Leppard Pyromania or Motley Crue Shout At The Devil
1996 - Cardigans First Band On The Moon or Counting Crowes Recovering the Satellites
2003 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs Fever To Tell or Beyonce Dangerously In Love or Jay-Z The Black Album

Here's what I want regardless:

1983 - Dio Holy Diver or SRV Texas Flood
1996 - Afghan Whigs Black Love or Lemonheads Car Button Cloth
2003 - Twilight Singers Play Blackberry Belle or AFI Sing The Sorrow or Deftones S/T

Here's What I expect regardless:

1983 - Def Leppard Pyromania or Motley Crue Shout At The Devil
1996 - Cardigans First Band On The Moon or Counting Crowes Recovering the Satellites
2003 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs Fever To Tell or Beyonce Dangerously In Love or Jay-Z The Black Album
Cool with any of your 83. Cool with your disappointed 96 and Bey.

I was trying to be very reasonable with my expectations.

Theres several more in the 2003 year that we aren't going to get but I would sign up for in an instant: Ben Harper Diamonds On The Inside for example.
I played that Ben Harper CD to death when it first came out. Haven’t thought about it in 15 years though haha! It is a good album!

I played that Ben Harper CD to death when it first came out. Haven’t thought about it in 15 years though haha! It is a good album!

Man I love me some Ben Harper. Took a good while to track down all his old stuff, but he is one of my few completionist artists. His live album is up their with my all time faves.

Man I love me some Ben Harper. Took a good while to track down all his old stuff, but he is one of my few completionist artists. His live album is up their with my all time faves.
I was unware of him until I saw him open for Pearl Jam at Memorial Stadium in 1996 on the Anti-Ticketmaster tour.
Blew me away.
Made me an instant fan.

If you are a completest - are you aware of his release?
Its great.

Back