Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Ok most of that is cool but why Bush? Everyone agreed that sucked even then (it was the album that beat Pinkerton for worst of the year)

Bush's followup to Sixteen Stone was massively popular and Pinkerton being the "best weezer album" began almost as soon as it came out. The critics were ignored by most back then

Ágætis Byrjun .... the fucking record in their own video is warped. Jfc.

Top 20 Wayne Knight GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

eh its a very small warp.. kinda standard which i get from all online shopping

soo... i got some money (a good amount in fact).. and im honestly contemplating if i should bump my sub to a half year or even full year so i don't have to deal with the issues every 3 months.. i know "Gz bad" and stuff but i like the curation

soo... i got some money (a good amount in fact).. and im honestly contemplating if i should bump my sub to a half year or even full year so i don't have to deal with the issues every 3 months.. i know "Gz bad" and stuff but i like the curation
But what're the issues that you'd avoid? Resubbing? That's automated. You'd still face the issues of VMP quality no matter length of subscription. In fact, a shorter sub would be smarter to be able to see how that plays out and if perhaps VMP becomes at some point untenable as a service to you.

Now, you would save money but here is the smart way to go about it...how much (percentage) do you save per month on a three-month vs six vs year? In perspective, year vs three month will save you the most at 16% a year ($77). That is money that immediately leaves your pockets and goes to VMP. I'd imagine you can 1) invest that money with a more than 16% return; 2) be ahead of the curve if VMP can't get their shit together and have the freedom to come and go with more ease.

Not that you're necessarily looking for the advice but if you received a "good amount" of money, use it as an opportunity to make your money work for you. Realistically, you could get VMP all year on three-month subs and "pay" less than a full year.

you're going to get mixed reactions. if you enjoy the service and want to go full year do it. i have and don't regret it but with the price hike coming for me at my renewal i may cancel. i'm 50-50 right now

Are there any fancy bucket list records you want? Maybe other hobbies? Like do whatever you want, but there has to be more fulfilling ways to spend that money than extending vmp membership

Are there any fancy bucket list records you want? Maybe other hobbies? Like do whatever you want, but there has to be more fulfilling ways to spend that money than extending vmp membership
I agree with this. Also, I'm sure the members of this forum could easily curate 12 excellent records for you for far less than what VMP is charging.

i am planning... i plan on buying at least some of the available N+G ROTMs.... some new headphones... and probably more.. but.. i am keeping my sub for 3 months

Rejuvenation is fucking epic, theres some noise here and there on the run outs and in between songs but thats whatever to me. Once the music is going it is just sublime.
Well, I wish that was true for me. My daughter bought me 3 months of VMP Essentials for Christmas, with Rejuvenation as the first record. I LOVE the Meters and this album. Side 1 is pristine and sounds as good as you describe, but side 2 has a loud staticky pop every revolution for 2/3 of the entire side. It sounds like a beat that’s out of time.

I’m new to this. Is there any chance VMP will replace it. I’ve seen a ton of complaints about their customer service, which is among the reasons why I’ve never signed up for VMP, but my very well-intentioned daughter would have no way of knowing that.

Well, I wish that was true for me. My daughter bought me 3 months of VMP Essentials for Christmas, with Rejuvenation as the first record. I LOVE the Meters and this album. Side 1 is pristine and sounds as good as you describe, but side 2 has a loud staticky pop every revolution for 2/3 of the entire side. It sounds like a beat that’s out of time.

I’m new to this. Is there any chance VMP will replace it. I’ve seen a ton of complaints about their customer service, which is among the reasons why I’ve never signed up for VMP, but my very well-intentioned daughter would have no way of knowing that.
Their CS is generally very good, their pressings are generally very hit and miss. If you email them through the website and send a short video and explanation, they will 1000% replace it.

Back