Vinyl Me Please Essentials

👀
credits.PNG

I'm not saying this is how he did it, for all I know he could be the Rain Man of album guessing, but you could technically just wait until the last set of clues and fire them off and still have a chance of winning if nobody has guessed them all yet. Up until less than a week ago nobody had more than 8/12 right. I think that Young MC album had people thrown for a loop because who would've guessed they'd unleash that hell upon us.

Since I already knew several titles were a lock, I actually filled out most of the form ahead of time and had strong suspicions about several others, so that when the final hints drop I would be able to quickly fill in the blanks.

The only one that threw me for a loop was February Classics where I thought both Chic and Sylvester were disqualified with the clue "correction." @mitchwagz and @keylime_5 quickly pointed out how Sylvester did still fit so I went and decided to shoot my shot. 🎯

I still thought my two minutes of hesitation was enough for someone else to swoop in with the correct guesses, so I'm as surprised as everyone else that I ended up being the first.

Tempted to sign up for Sigur Ros but maybe I’ll wait for reports first.

george-bush-fool-me.gif

👀
View attachment 121650

Since I already knew several titles were a lock, I actually filled out most of the form ahead of time and had strong suspicions about several others, so that when the final hints drop I would be able to quickly fill in the blanks.

The only one that threw me for a loop was February Classics where I thought both Chic and Sylvester were disqualified with the clue "correction." @mitchwagz and @keylime_5 quickly pointed out how Sylvester did still fit so I went and decided to shoot my shot. 🎯

I still thought my two minutes of hesitation was enough for someone else to swoop in with the correct guesses, so I'm as surprised as everyone else that I ended up being the first.

Congratulations! I’m glad it went to someone who is an active participant in the guess threads. Have fun spending those credits!

honestly.. im a little scared of what 2021 grimes could have wrote... i mean musically the album is still fine... but who knows what weird hot takes are in grimes notes... and we got to screen cap the biggest memes

Correct. That’s the best price I’ve seen it for too, definitely going for it
I picked it up as well. Shipping was a little steep but it was UPS instead of media mail. I think 2 albums were $9 shipped UPS. Already got a shipping notice though. It should be the pallas pressing unless they repressed it elsewhere recently with the same UPC.

👀
View attachment 121650

FairPlay ..I didn’t guess one correctly

"Grimes not only made the art print but also wrote an intimate track by track breakdown for our editions listening notes booklet" -

Still not sure this makes it "Essential" to me.
There will be PIF thread offerings, I'm sure of it.

Speaking of, I am interested in a Visions RotM depending on how it turns out; it is my #10 all-time. Unsure how VMP can improve on the already solid Optimal-pressed copy.
I’ve always been happy with my plain black copy of Visions, so I have no interest in the VMP version. That said I agree this is an essential album, easily a top 5 album of the 2010s for me. Fantastic.

Turned that VMP money into Beatles Let it Be, NIN With Teeth, Pretty Hate Machine, The Roots Things Fall Apart, Sun Ra Omniverse, Bush Razorblade Suitcase and probably have a ton of money left over factoring in add ons. It's a new day.

Turned that VMP money into Beatles Let it Be, NIN With Teeth, Pretty Hate Machine, The Roots Things Fall Apart, Sun Ra Omniverse, Bush Razorblade Suitcase and probably have a ton of money left over factoring in add ons. It's a new day.
Ok most of that is cool but why Bush? Everyone agreed that sucked even then (it was the album that beat Pinkerton for worst of the year)

Back