Vinyl Me Please Essentials

i think the reason (TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR) Elon Musk took hold of all the conversation about grimes in general is mostly because she was literally dating the richest person in the world, then stopped claiming she was anti-imperialist, and saying dumb communism takes, and making a ton of NFTs which kinda makes that concept album about climate change even weirder. also the fact that visions was 10 years ago (or at least WILL be when VMP does this exclusive pressing) so we forgot what she was like before this (and art angels was 6 years ago)

also i just had trouble with getting into the album when it first came out, the voice was awkward and i got weird overly peppy vibe where i think i even called it a hipster version of avril lavignes girlfriend... I've loosened though on it but still might be a skip since i don't remember it that well

Doesn't look like it. No value added...unless you consider noisy colored variant pressed at GZ. With the news that Classics probably not going to be pressed at QRP after March, they are really are just becoming another Newbury Comics.
tbh this made me feel bad that I'm still going to be subscribed... i just want records... i am not good with buying my own stuff unless its someone like pitchfork or rym helps me find a good record, and i have a few exclusives down the pipeline to get up until maybe march (and i have a weird hunch if I'm unsubscribed they wont ship me a new box)...

i don't even really care for the sigur ros album but i still want to support them, partially because i want march's LP for this and R&HH, i will get Sylvester in February, and it will be interesting to meme about grimes liner notes...

now what do i swap for sigur ros

Probably just echoing so many others, but after watching from the sidelines on the BS over the past months, I can't jump back onboard for these - even though the Modest Mouse and Sigur Ros albums are two of my VERY big all time heavy hitter favs. Not gonna get burned! I wish the best for anyone else though :)

Probably just echoing so many others, but after watching from the sidelines on the BS over the past months, I can't jump back onboard for these - even though the Modest Mouse and Sigur Ros albums are two of my VERY big all time heavy hitter favs. Not gonna get burned! I wish the best for anyone else though :)
There will be PIF thread offerings, I'm sure of it.

Speaking of, I am interested in a Visions RotM depending on how it turns out; it is my #10 all-time. Unsure how VMP can improve on the already solid Optimal-pressed copy.

You know, I didn't need someone here to put egg on my face on my proclamation that no one was getting it. LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
I'm not saying this is how he did it, for all I know he could be the Rain Man of album guessing, but you could technically just wait until the last set of clues and fire them off and still have a chance of winning if nobody has guessed them all yet. Up until less than a week ago nobody had more than 8/12 right. I think that Young MC album had people thrown for a loop because who would've guessed they'd unleash that hell upon us.

Back