Vinyl Me Please Essentials

First Utterance is a single LP my friend. De-Loused and whatever the September ROTM is are both 2 LP though
Ahhh I see! But some of the tracks have been shortened! One of the songs on Side 1, ‘The Herald’ - the running time has been more than halved! It’s original length time is 12:15 minutes, but on the vinyl pressing, it’s one 5:30 minutes!

I don’t want First Utterance if it’s going to be a single LP pressing! I want the original album, not the edited!

Ahhh I see! But some of the tracks have been shortened! One of the songs on Side 1, ‘The Herald’ - the running time has been more than halved! It’s original length time is 12:15 minutes, but on the vinyl pressing, it’s one 5:30 minutes!

I don’t want First Utterance if it’s going to be a single LP pressing! I want the original album, not the edited!
The Herald was about 5 minutes on originals, so that is the original album.

Regardless, I have the very fine Rise Above box set, so I am hoping that it is not that, and it is unlikely at least done AAA, as the tapes are in the UK and do not travel.

Hadn't popped into this thread for awhile. Looks like I jumped in at the prefect place. Guess I need to finally give The Mars Volta an honest listen. I'm fairly certain I saw them like 18-20 years ago in El Paso when they were just coming up. You'd think I would have given more love to on my home town bands. Good time to (re)discover them I guess.

Last edited:
What's the announcement date/swap period for this month? Cancelled my membership but probably going to sign up for Abbey Lincoln.

Final hint for July. Confirms Abbey Lincoln and Reba. Roulette Dares is a Mars Volta song. Saturday as the RHH clue so guessing that's a song title too.

Edit: Ludacris has a song called Saturday off his Word of Mouf album from 2001.

Last edited:
Final hint for July. Confirms Abbey Lincoln and Reba. Not sure how a roulette wheel confirms Mars Volta but that one's already out there. Saturday as the RHH clue.

The volta is the turn of thought in a sonnet, and a roulette wheel also turns. I feel like I may be reaching to deeply or giving VMP more credit than they may deserve, but that's the best I can come up with to explain the clue.

Aside from Essentials pick and back to a much earlier convo here.

I'm not sure who it was that recommended a certain pressing of UNKLE's "Psyence Fiction", but whoever it was know it came yesterday and exceeded all expectations. Also got a MOV pressing of Tricky in the same order and I'm looking forward to spinning that.

Aside from Essentials pick and back to a much earlier convo here.

I'm not sure who it was that recommended a certain pressing of UNKLE's "Psyence Fiction", but whoever it was know it came yesterday and exceeded all expectations. Also got a MOV pressing of Tricky in the same order and I'm looking forward to spinning that.
Which pressing of Unkle?

Which pressing of Unkle?
I honestly wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it did.

Only issue I have was there was some white marks on side D which I'll run through the spin clean later. Seems like a common issue. Surprisingly good GZ pressing though.

Only issue I have was there was some white marks on side D which I'll run through the spin clean later. Seems like a common issue. Surprisingly good GZ pressing though.
Yup that’s the one to get. Biggest complaint I read about it was that it’s not a gatefold. The LPs sound fantastic though.

Did the white marks cause pops?

You should post that in here

bgc_mock_transparent_600x.png

we got the wrong folk album

wutang_mock_transparent99302365_600x.png

looks like i have to sell my wu tang

Back