Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Just check on discogs in a couple of hours and brace your wallet for insane flipper prices.
inorite! I have Arular and Kala original pressings, so not the end of the world, but I don't have Maya and would have loved to pick up the trio on color wax. We'll see what it's worth to me when they hit the secondary market...

I only wanted to buy Maya at the expensive VMP price because it's basically a proto hyperpop album AND it's not on Amazon so I dunno when it will be back in stock

I got that Darkside album from my Secret Santa.
Have you enjoyed it ?
I think the 45 pressing Ive got is very good. Get the impression they made sure of that.
I fully support them making it an Essential though, for me first one for a long time that deserves the title .
Reckon they could do a good job of improving the packaging tho.

Exactly two days after I received my Cudi, my local record shop gets shiny new copies of it on black for two thirds of the cost of the vmp sub and I'm not sure how many times I can go through it anymore. I feel like essentials and RHH aren't worth it anymore unless I truly care about colour vinyl and the odd art print. I trusted my gut and went with the black on OST and wasn't disappointed. Kind of kicking myself here for not going with that same gut.

Similarly I passed on Stankonia and copies showed up at my local a few days later.

Are you okay with MAYA on black vinyl Dukey or do you want that sexy, attractive coloured VMP MAYA pressing? 😜🦚
definitely fine with black vinyl but i would take colored if i COULD
MAYA is $25 on discogs (plus shipping) if you are OK with black vinyl.
i know... BUT its not on any major non used sites like amazon or something (ok i THINK target has it)

also that 25 dollars plus shipping thing is not available to me it seems that most of them are from europe (and from from japan) and the shipping prices move up them up to 30-50 dollar LPs for a standard black VG+ record.. and i dont buy anything below that because when its VG i think or a lot of noise and scratches and just badly handled

Is it sad that I'm considering subscribing just for Kala. I haven't been a VMP member for about a year. Fetch The Bolt Cutters was the last thing I got from them. Or was it When The Pawn? Something Fiona related for sure. 😂

Is it sad that I'm considering subscribing just for Kala. I haven't been a VMP member for about a year. Fetch The Bolt Cutters was the last thing I got from them. Or was it When The Pawn? Something Fiona related for sure. 😂
It’s not sad at all as Kala is a magnificent album! I cannot wait to see what VMP does with Kala!!!

If you want to grab Kala, I'm a member and can grab it for you for the cost of an add-on. DM me if you want to 👍

definitely fine with black vinyl but i would take colored if i COULD

i know... BUT its not on any major non used sites like amazon or something (ok i THINK target has it)

also that 25 dollars plus shipping thing is not available to me it seems that most of them are from europe (and from from japan) and the shipping prices move up them up to 30-50 dollar LPs for a standard black VG+ record.. and i dont buy anything below that because when its VG i think or a lot of noise and scratches and just badly handled

VG+ (barely played) for $30 shipped.

For some, opened but played once is their definition of NM. Anything beyond is VG+. It might be way to limit expectations as well.

You could always reach out to the seller and ask for a picture.

For some, opened but played once is their definition of NM. Anything beyond is VG+. It might be way to limit expectations as well.

You could always reach out to the seller and ask for a picture.
Also for some sellers, grading conservatively means less headaches from unhappy customers complaining about their NM record.

Back