Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Probably less likely, but I think the first Forest Swords album was released in 2013.

edit: nm...looks like VMP already did an exclusive of that one.

Yeah it looks like there’s an affordable 2LP 45 RPM optimal press of the Darkside album - I’d probably rather get that than a more expensive colored pressing from GZ
There is but.... it's got pops. I've got it, went through 3 copies. They all had pops. Sounds good when is not popping.

@Mather - Do you really like Disclosure’s “Settle”? Is that album you enjoy?

I’ve listened to Darkside’s Psychic and I really enjoyed it! I would be really happy if that was the Essentials ROTM! I’m still hoping it’s Disclosure but would definitely be down for Darkside too!

Two more shots from the hip for the Classic Rock slot: Traffic - Mr. Fantasy or The Youngbloods - s/t. Both are a bit under the radar but would be pretty solid picks, imo.

If they ever do a Youngbloods Essentials I hope we get Elephant Mountain. Criminally in need of a quality reissue for such a classic album

Y’all know that Nicholas Jaar is half of Darkside, right? The other half is Dave Harrington. It’s definitely electronic.

thats like saying if garth brooks and billy ray Cyrus made a metal album, it would still be classified as country.

thats like saying if garth brooks and billy ray Cyrus made a metal album, it would still be classified as country.
FROM THE ALBUM "VULGAR DISPLAY OF BELT BUCKLES", Billy Cyrus "The Virus" and Garth "Beastmaster" Brooks' present their first single... "John Deere's Harvester is My Sorrow."

7" on Kelly Green and Yellow splatter, Ltd. to 5000, with a B-side of "Cowgirls from Hell" featuring Miranda "Monster" Lambert and "Faithless" Hill.

Hoping for Moby Grape as our classic rock pick. Hasn't been repressed for a while and definitely fits the "lost sounds found" slogan better than Hendrix or The Doors (if that even matters).

I remember Sundazed did that one a little while ago, but it got pulled from production because of the photographer owns the copyright to the album art or something like that, so their first album hasn't been able to be reissued or even streamed on spotify/itunes/etc. because of that. So I'm skeptical that we will see that album reissued anytime soon until there is news of that issues being settled.

FROM THE ALBUM "VULGAR DISPLAY OF BELT BUCKLES", Billy Cyrus "The Virus" and Garth "Beastmaster" Brooks' present their first single... "John Deere's Harvester is My Sorrow."

7" on Kelly Green and Yellow splatter, Ltd. to 5000, with a B-side of "Cowgirls from Hell" featuring Miranda "Monster" Lambert and "Faithless" Hill.
store drop: hot country jams from jello biafra and the boys in the dead kennedys

Dont know enough about MIA to understand what this might mean for the "world rap" clue:

Dont know enough about MIA to understand what this might mean for the "world rap" clue:

Or this

Back