Vinyl Me Please Essentials

But that would be a poor choice for an Essentials ROTM! It’s underwhelming compared to most of MF DOOM’s discography! Viktor Vaughn’s Vaudeville Villain would be a much better choice under the Essentials bridge in my opinion!
I actually agree with this. After my "Take Me to Your Leader" arrives and hopefully I can snag a Czarface Meets Metalface copy somewhere I'd consider this the last album I'd need DOOM releated. That being said I would consider "Operation: Doomsday" to be far more essential.

If I were to categorize where I'd put DOOM albums:

Essentials
- Operation: Doomsday
- Mm..Food (Yes I know it was RHH)
- Madvillainy

Good RHH Picks
- Vaudeville Villain
- Take Me To Your Leader
- Mouse and the Mask
- Czarface Meets Metalface

Okay RHH Pick
- Born Like This

Drop
- Everything else.

Essentials
- Madvillainy

Good RHH Picks
- Vaudeville Villain
- Take Me To Your Leader
- Mouse and the Mask

Okay RHH Pick
- Born Like This

Drop
- Everything else.
Imma letchu finnish but ya Forgot Key To The Kuffs under good RHH Picks.

it’s okay though, we all make mistakes.

Essentials
- Madvillainy

Good RHH Picks
- Vaudeville Villain
- Take Me To Your Leader
- Mouse and the Mask

Okay RHH Pick
- Born Like This

Drop
- Everything else.
Now that you mention it here, might be wise to assume Madvillainy's pre-Essentials Essentials selection might disqualify Doom? Even solo?

I actually don't think it does. I feel like they've done something similar before. Outkast/Big Boi maybe?
Very true. Though I'm not sure they've ever come that close to an Essentials double up. Again, they can probably get away with solo Doom, and given that he's recently passed, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with them honoring him that way.

Essentials
- Madvillainy

Good RHH Picks
- Vaudeville Villain
- Take Me To Your Leader
- Mouse and the Mask

Okay RHH Pick
- Born Like This

Drop
- Everything else.
They did Born Like This as an exclusive. Same with Keys to the Kuffs.

But that would be a poor choice for an Essentials ROTM! It’s underwhelming compared to most of MF DOOM’s discography! Viktor Vaughn’s Vaudeville Villain would be a much better choice under the Essentials bridge in my opinion!
Nah, I already have that one.

Please, we've had aotm from people that have done so much worse.
I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that makes amplifying an anti-vaxxer in the middle of a worldwide vaccination effort currently fighting disinformation better?

I wasn't saying I assumed VMP would consider that, just that it would suck.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that makes amplifying an anti-vaxxer in the middle of a worldwide vaccination effort currently fighting disinformation better?

I wasn't saying I assumed VMP would consider that, just that it would suck.

I'm saying it's not something that vmp would take into account.

Nah, I already have that one.
Yeah, same here! It’s an incredible album and personally it’s a top 3 MF DOOM album, along with MM...FOOD and Madvillainy! I would love it to get the VMP ROTM treatment though like the VMP OutKast Stankonia and VMP MF DOOM MM...FOOD ROTM’s!

I’ve also got M.I.A.‘a Kala but really hope VMP make it their Essentials ROTM as I’d love a good looking pressing as well as a remastered pressing + top packaging (nice jacket/extra!

Back