Vinyl Me Please Essentials

So #100 is world rap. Is that even a genre?

Yes, and it will be Rett Fra Hjertet, the debut album from Norway's Karpe.

Ha, no I've tried a few of their music videos at the time they were all the rage and I think my brain couldn't comprehend what was going on. The closest thing to sensory overload I've had.
They put on a weirdly sexual live show. Like, I mean the time I saw them, there wasn't a lot of clothing on the people on-stage.

i'm actually of all things... kinda hoping that the may ROTM is a new release

because porter robinsons new album (nurture) is coming out in april

and if VMP is doing that as an ROTM i'm staying and picking it up immediately because the singles for this album are goddamn AMAZING (even if they are standard happy EDM)

(also if it is post as many anime gifs as possible)

I’m thinking The Knife- Silent Shout would make a better contender for the electronic album. 15th anniversary and could use a reissue. I think they’ve done a Fever Ray exclusive too maybe?
You can get that album on vinyl for $76 shipped on discogs.

The cheapest cut copy - in ghost colours on discogs is $375. I would gladly pay $76 at this point.

You can get that album on vinyl for $76 shipped on discogs.

The cheapest cut copy - in ghost colours on discogs is $375. I would gladly pay $76 at this point.
but thats dance music only in the way that LCD soundsystem is.. its basically just post punk with synths... and its part of a specific older scene thats faded out and doesn't have as much influence on modern electronic

I’m thinking The Knife- Silent Shout would make a better contender for the electronic album. 15th anniversary and could use a reissue. I think they’ve done a Fever Ray exclusive too maybe?
Definitely think that Silent Shout is the most likely given the track record. But there's not much to work on with the clues.

Eh I guess I'm carried away because LCD soundsystem was basically just post punk and I guess I assumed all DFA stuff was like that
Speaking of DFA, Hercules and Love Affair self titled needs a reissue too. Kinda surprised it hasn’t gotten one over the years. It’s a damn near classic and the song Blind is iconic.

Eh I guess I'm carried away because LCD soundsystem was basically just post punk and I guess I assumed all DFA stuff was like that
Surprised to see LCD soundsystem referred to as primarily post punk. They clearly have a strong New Order influence, but like the New Order that had moved away from post punk into dance and synth pop. Also, tons of non-dancy post punk has synths so overall I'm just confused!

Surprised to see LCD soundsystem referred to as primarily post punk. They clearly have a strong New Order influence, but like the New Order that had moved away from post punk into dance and synth pop. Also, tons of non-dancy post punk has synths so overall I'm just confused!
eh i guess when i first heard the term "dance punk" i expected techno meets hardcore punk.. like something that was heavy and lyrically about protest and power mixed with great dance beats and a colorful synthpop sound.. instead i got what was basically if talking heads had more synths

Back