Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That one looks great! I think it suits the album cover and just the sound of Stankonia really nicely too! šŸ‘

Its beautiful. I have no compalints about it. I've always felt that that album has bits of digital distortion on purpose, like on Gasoline Dreams. So i wonder how much better it could sound really.

White and black splatter, would be cool. Like the Orange pressing(Newbury I think), being realistic they'll probably do a half&half black/white. Hopefully it's something cool šŸ”„

Yeah I suppose if they did a black and white splatter, that could be acceptable. White vinyl with a black splatter could look pretty damn good.

Half and half is actually my worst case scenario. That's a carbon copy of the TI release, and Stankonia deserves better than that.

The RSD Stankonia does look dope. For some reason orange/black seems to speak to me for the colors of that album, even though there's not really a connection.

Overall I'm kinda pulling for anything other than a black and white mix. It feels boring for what will likely be my favorite release in essentials this year.

Yeah I suppose if they did a black and white splatter, that could be acceptable. White vinyl with a black splatter could look pretty damn good.

Half and half is actually my worst case scenario. That's a carbon copy of the TI release, and Stankonia deserves better than that.

The RSD Stankonia does look dope. For some reason orange/black seems to speak to me for the colors of that album, even though there's not really a connection.

Overall I'm kinda pulling for anything other than a black and white mix. It feels boring for what will likely be my favorite release in essentials this year.

They feature heavily in the booklet and the alt cover:

R-10405186-1496784863-3200.jpeg.jpg

Can't wait to be let down.
Iā€™m sure you wonā€™t be let down, and if you are, thereā€™s always the RSD variant for you! šŸ™‚

Iā€™m more concerned about the pressing details of this ROTM! I love Stankonia so much and just hope this pressing sounds even better than the Music On Vinyl pressing, which sounds pretty great: itā€™s a crisp sounding pressing!

I have some catching up to do, are we still assuming the next 3 are Outkast, Badu and Holiday?

It's highly unlikely, but I'd love an exclusive of Erykah Badu's Live album next to the Essentials release.
Itā€™s confirmed to be OutKast Stankonia and Erykah Baduā€™s Mamaā€™s Gun as the next two Essentials! Billie Holiday will be the December Essentials ROTM but we donā€™t know which album from 1956 it will be!

Erykah Badu's Mama's Gun - The upcoming November Essentials ROTM - is currently ranked #158 on RollingStones top 500 albums of all-time list!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ¾šŸ»šŸ„‚šŸŽÆšŸ†šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

I'm shocked that the boomers at rolling stone liked it so much.
It's a masterpiece and I am so happy it's getting more recognition! It's such a great album and I cannot wait to see what the VMP packaging and pressing looks like! Mama's Gun is good for the soul! ā˜Æā¤

OUTKAST's STANKONIA IS RANKED #64 in RollingStones top 500 albums of all-time list! INCREDIBLE! I am so freaking happy to see that! This is such an amazing Essentials pick and I cannot wait to see what this ROTM all looks like later this week! ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was ranked #10 in the top 500 albums of all-time list and D'Angelo was in the top #50, so let's hope VMP make those two albums Essentials ROTM's in the future! šŸ™

I have hope this could happen as VMP are making an Erykah Badu album an Essentials ROTM! :love:

Also, Erykah Badu's Baduizm (shoutout @Lee Newman) was ranked inside the top #100 too, and OutKast's Aquemini in the top #50!!! So let's hope we get exclusives of any of those two albums to accompany the Essentials ROTM! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

OUTKAST's STANKONIA IS RANKED #64 in RollingStones top 500 albums of all-time list! INCREDIBLE! I am so freaking happy to see that! This is such an amazing Essentials pick and I cannot wait to see what this ROTM all looks like later this week! ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„
I think Aquemini was even lower. That new list was....something else compared to the older ones. If Iā€™m not mistaken it had more input from fans this time around. TPAB was like 15, TSwiftā€™s Red and Drake were in the top 100, and a lot of boomers were mad that Sgt. Pepper got booted down.

At the end of the day, itā€™s still a silly list from a silly company.

I think Aquemini was even lower. That new list was....something else compared to the older ones. If Iā€™m not mistaken it had more input from fans this time around. TPAB was like 15, TSwiftā€™s Red and Drake were in the top 100, and a lot of boomers were mad that Sgt. Pepper got booted down.

Sgt Pepper is proper overrated bollocks though. That era defining psychadelic masterpiece full of mind expanding classic choons like Lovely Rita Meter Maid, When I'm 64 and, the ultimate meat and two veg rocker, Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. It should have been lower

Yeah, Aquemini was in the top #50 at #49 from memory! And yes Taylor Swift and Drake were both in the top #100 Mind-blown! šŸ¤Æ

It is a silly company as their end-of-year lists are very much based around popularity, but I really like this new list because it seems more representative of music as a whole! It has a nice amount of albums from each decade, even though most albums are still from the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s from that list! šŸ‘

Highlights of the new RollingStones list was Britney Spearsā€™ Blackout entering the list, and Lauryn Hillā€™s The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill tanking at #10 on the list! ā­ļøšŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Other highlights of the list include Amy Winehouseā€™s Back to Black and NaSā€™ Illmatic both ranking inside the top #50 and Kendrick Lamarā€™s To Pimp a Butterfly ranking inside the top #20! ā›„ļøšŸ˜

Joni Mitchell, an album by a woman, is ranked #3 as well, which is great. And if it was to be any album to be the highest ranked by a woman, Iā€™m glad itā€™s Joni Mitchellā€™s Blue! šŸ™

Destinyā€™s Child classic album ā€œWritings On The Wallā€ ranked at #291! So good, especially as it contains incredible production, ridiculously catchy songs and includes the iconic single ā€œSay My Nameā€! šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Back