Vinyl Me Please Essentials

When they say "new release" do they mean like a new album dropping, or the first drop of the vinyl release? For instance the Zuu exclusive could be considered a "new release" in August from a certain type of view

What are the clues again for the new ROTM?

The Raconteurs new album is out the 21st. Any way it could be that?
Do they do new stuff as "essential?" I would think it would be more like the new album as an exclusive with an old one as essential. I doubt it's either. But I picked up the 45 foil color from a third party already with Sunday Driver and Since you've been gone.

Do they do new stuff as "essential?" I would think it would be more like the new album as an exclusive with an old one as essential. I doubt it's either. But I picked up the 45 foil color from a third party already with Sunday Driver and Since you've been gone.

I thought a clue was that it was a new release. Cant remember where i saw it.

New hints for July ROTM (from Reddit):

"Extreme closeup, a deli, smoke cloud"

I'm suspecting these are descriptions of the album covers? Is Jorge Ben's Africa Brasil cover closeup extreme enough for this to fit?
I cracked the code. Is This It - The Strokes

New York band, cover has extreme close up of the butt and it would fit with their being a 2000s era pick.

New hints for July ROTM (from Reddit):

"Extreme closeup, a deli, smoke cloud"

I'm suspecting these are descriptions of the album covers? Is Jorge Ben's Africa Brasil cover closeup extreme enough for this to fit?
I think calling a headshot extreme close up is a bit if a stretch, but who knows.

Informed Delivery says my box is on the way. Looks like they shipped 2 days ago. No notification from VMP so I don’t know if everything made it in.

I got Essentials and Classics this month. Swaps were closed for both so I am hoping all is well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the topic of the August new release ROTM: I know there hasn’t been an announced release date yet but I’m thinking it could be the upcoming Sleater-Kinney album. Seems like something that’d be right up VMP’s alley, especially since St. Vincent is producing it. And they did an exclusive of The Woods earlier so the connection is there (even though that record was on Sub Pop and the new one isn’t)

Yes, they tend to do 2-3 new releases in the Essentials track every year.

When they say "new release" do they mean like a new album dropping, or the first drop of the vinyl release? For instance the Zuu exclusive could be considered a "new release" in August from a certain type of view
They do some brand new albums, and the title "Essential" always seemed silly to me. I like it better when it was just the Record of the Month. But it's really all semantics, no need to get hung up on it. As long as I'm getting a high quality record I'm generally happy.

On the topic of the August new release ROTM: I know there hasn’t been an announced release date yet but I’m thinking it could be the upcoming Sleater-Kinney album. Seems like something that’d be right up VMP’s alley, especially since St. Vincent is producing it. And they did an exclusive of The Woods earlier so the connection is there (even though that record was on Sub Pop and the new one isn’t)
The new one is going to be on Mom + Pop, right? They did do that exclusive last year for CB’s most recent album, so maybe that’s another connection (along with the St Vincent one...)?

Back