Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Whether it is or not, this is getting reissued in August.
Saved for payday, thank you very much. Plus elusive is about 80,000 times more reliable than VMP these days.

For me, personally....VMP just jumped the shark. The album we should “spend time with” this week is Thomas F-ing Rhett!?!!
View attachment 5113
I find that a lot of mainstream music row artists get lumped together. Actually quite a few good songs on this record. He’s not Eric Church but I respect some of the stuff he does. He’s also not Luke Bryan or FLGA Line bad.

Safe bet it's gonna be Ra Ra Riot, too.
I highly doubt it would be Ra Ra Riot... Their new releases tend to be slightly more relevant artists I feel like? Mitski, Kevin Morby, and FJM were all / are pretty relevant today and can sell records. I think Ra Ra Riot is kinda past their prime. Plus their exclusive of their (in my opinion) only good album moved SO slow and poorly, I doubt they'd run Ra Ra Riot as an essential.

I highly doubt it would be Ra Ra Riot... Their new releases tend to be slightly more relevant artists I feel like? Mitski, Kevin Morby, and FJM were all / are pretty relevant today and can sell records. I think Ra Ra Riot is kinda past their prime. Plus their exclusive of their (in my opinion) only good album moved SO slow and poorly, I doubt they'd run Ra Ra Riot as an essential.
I don't disagree about them being past prime (and I'd argue they barely even had one). Just remembering how big a deal VMP made about that 10th Anniv of Rhumb Line exclusive they had. Not sure I really see anything else coming out in August that jibes any better?

Yeah. Marika Hackman is my current gut feeling

I don't disagree about them being past prime (and I'd argue they barely even had one). Just remembering how big a deal VMP made about that 10th Anniv of Rhumb Line exclusive they had. Not sure I really see anything else coming out in August that jibes any better?
What about Clairo’s debut LP? It’s out August 2nd

What about Clairo’s debut LP? It’s out August 2nd

Maybe for the Rostam connection and the recent P4K BNM, but her bad rep would probably prevent this from being a wise mood. Honestly I don't mind her older work at all (I actually own Diary on vinyl) and "Bags" sounds like a huge step in the right direction. As for the drama, it's always "interesting" to me the "industry plant" BS label is mostly applied to young female performers.

Maybe for the Rostam connection and the recent P4K BNM, but her bad rep would probably prevent this from being a wise mood. Honestly I don't mind her older work at all (I actually own Diary on vinyl) and "Bags" sounds like a huge step in the right direction. As for the drama, it's always "interesting" to me the "industry plant" BS label is mostly applied to young female performers.
Yeah I’m a Diary fan as well but not sure a Claire essential would get much spin time over here :[. Although I am enjoying her latest song, seems like she’s channeling a little Mazzy Star lately, more rocky less bedroom poppy. I dig it!

Back