Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Get some Classics ROTM’s Dukey! The Classics track is the best!!!
i didn't really care about any of the months, its too much stax, too much old soul and jazz, it just isn't my very specific interest, its better than john "sexual napalm" mayer but still

Also, you’re still not keen on Prince Paul?
i can't sit through it... i tried listening to it multiple times... halfway through i get tired of it, maybe because i already listened to the first half so much, maybe because i just am not into skits, maybe because prince paul was great on de la soul is dead but i am not a big fan of his production in the long term compared to other producers, i just dont click with it

If VMP ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to get beyond "Storfs" opinion for starters. Aenima would fund their year and cover them for all the other questionable decisions they make (See: the VMP Bright Eyes Variant)

how are they gonna somehow defend the infamous playboy interview
or how waiting on the world to change is a fucking horrible song

I’m telling you Aenima will make everything better.

Not a big Mayer fan but Heavier Things is pretty damn good, IMO. Weird choice for Essentials but okay.

True but I thought they’d pulled the plug on things in the past and took it as a loss. Didn’t they have a ryan adams release planned that they had to shelve?

also, his comments were made yeeeeeaaarrs ago. Don’t they have a “do not touch with a ten foot pole” list?

I never got the impression that they had a Ryan Adams album lined up. I was in the club around the time that broke, was a massive fan before that and their forum was still up to dangle the carrot.

its a list based on don’t touch if controversial and storf doesn’t like them, whether a faux pas excludes acts he likes is a much less clear situation...

i didn't really care about any of the months, its too much stax, too much old soul and jazz, it just isn't my very specific interest, its better than john "sexual napalm" mayer but still
Fair enough! I totally get that it isn’t your general interest! It’s better to get something you know you’ll love spinning!
i can't sit through it... i tried listening to it multiple times... halfway through i get tired of it, maybe because i already listened to the first half so much, maybe because i just am not into skits, maybe because prince paul was great on de la soul is dead but i am not a big fan of his production in the long term compared to other producers, i just dont click with it
Mmmmmm I see where you’re coming from! Half the tracks are skits so it’s not an album you can just play in the background! Can definitely understand why you felt tired halfway through the listen!

I will give John Mayer the fact that he has come a long way from his comments, which were horrible, and has been pretty humble about things since joining up with Dead and Company.

Haven't listened to this album since probably 2006, but I am in.

I never got the impression that they had a Ryan Adams album lined up. I was in the club around the time that broke, was a massive fan and their forum was still up to dangle the carrot.

its a list based on don’t touch if controversial and storf doesn’t like them, whether a faux pas excludes acts he likes is a much less clear situation...

I think they teased an exclusive of his now-cancelled album.

I will give John Mayer the fact that he has come a long way from his comments and has been pretty humble about things since joining up with Dead anr Company. Haven't listened to this album since probably 2006, but I am in.
sadly too much of hearing the white as fuck corny "wow the world is happy" waiting on the world to change on the radio as a kid because fuck it my mom was a fan (she was also a fan of daughtry so dont get her hopes too high up but tbf her favorite artist is george michael). i just immediately am sick of it and want to throw it in the toilet

Hey Kyuuji, wassup!? 🙋‍♂️

Awesome job finding out what the Essentials ROTM is! Gonna dig into this John Mayer album and see how I feel? 🐒

Do you like John Mayer’s “Continuum”? 🤔
Hey you 🙂👋 How are you? I hope you've been well 🌹

Sorry it's been a bit 😔. The world events knocked my bounce a little bit and then anxiety kept me from coming back in that "I haven't texted them back and now I can't" way. It sucks. Glad this gave excuse to break through it though 👍. Unfortunately my turntable has suddenly stopped working though so no more spinning until that gets sorted 💀. Was lovely while it lasted! I'll just have to do what I was doing before and pester the Fresh Grabs thread ;)🙈

I used to listen to John Mayer a lot a number of years ago and really enjoyed a number of his albums, one of which was Continuum. My only recent flings have been liking "In The Blood" a fair bit and liking that he spoke out in support of trans rights 🏳️‍🌈. Haven't kept apprised of him outside of those run-ins though, and it's disappointing to hear he seems to have support for, or ties to, the right (?) from comments here.

Back