Vinyl Me Please Essentials

...and “Your body is a wonderland” and “Daughters” there is lotsa awful there. Though he does have his defenders usually attempting to paint him as the 2nd coming of Stevie Ray Vaughn. I think he has rehabbed his image a bit with The Dead stuff, still this might be the most off putting ROTM IMO they have chosen since joining back in 2017.
I'm not a big Mayer fan, but he can play guitar with the best. That's why he's loved by some across genres.

"Here's this album"
"You're LYING this is FAKE"
"The link is legit though"
"Well that album is really shit, this sucks"
"Is it though"
"Well actually, this album isn't so bad"
im a tsundere

this is my natural character trait

J0rvWRl.gif

I'm not a big Mayer fan, but he can play guitar with the best. That's why he's loved by some across genres.
Yeah, he won me over on his guitar skills with Dead and Co. but it's so far from his solo stuff. I wish he would just break off from the pop stuff for once and give us some dirty, effects-laden blues instrumental tracks on an album.

to be fair this might ALSO be just stockholm syndrome and my OCD thinking "it needs to do 3 months because bone machine is totally coming soon"

Never listened to the project as a whole, driving out to Malibu to catch a little sunset action rn and so far this album is making for a lovely soundtrack! Track number 2 is fantastic!

Track 8 and the Hendrix cover (Track 9) on side 2 are the highlights of the album, but not sure I agree this is “essential” to my collection.

Something about Continuum not being that bad so I have a pretence for this not being just about anime gifs.

giphy.gif

p.s.
9084_nonbinary_pride_heart.png
cmon we can all just accept we are animu trash... still trying to binge like 6 series

but on the john mayer thing.. i dont like his falsetto on vultures, this sounds like maroon 5 and thats a bad thing

Yeah, he won me over on his guitar skills with Dead and Co. but it's so far from his solo stuff. I wish he would just break off from the pop stuff for once and give us some dirty, effects-laden blues instrumental tracks on an album.
For sure. It's why I'm not a fan. I typically don't like pop influence as it sort of make everything sound flat and less dynamic. For me, all the worst of others genres are the versions with heavy pop in them. It has a place though.

cmon we can all just accept we are animu trash... still trying to binge like 6 series
but on the john mayer thing.. i dont like his falsetto on vultures, this sounds like maroon 5 and thats a bad thing
Perhaps. Top ones outside of Ghibli would be Ergo Proxy, GitS, Paprika, Champloo. Quite vanilla I'm sure, it's been awhile since I fell down the hole.

Fair on Mayer. Sometimes I legitimately could confuse him for Jack Johnson so I get the shots.

Perhaps. Top ones outside of Ghibli would be Ergo Proxy, GitS, Paprika, Champloo. Quite vanilla I'm sure, it's been awhile since I fell down the hole.

Fair on Mayer. Sometimes I legitimately could confuse him for Jack Johnson so I get the shots.
we can talk about weeb shit in DMs... im busy with K-on, made in abyss, cardcaptor sakura, sing yesterday for me, kokoro connect, and more

also hopefully the new GITS series on netflix will be good

but i think i am on this new thing

i have the same opinion of "i dont want this album".. but its more matured, i just dont think there is enough for me to want any more of it on vinyl

Certainly people are gonna like what they like. There are a lot of technically great guitar players that I find incredibly boring. It bothers me less that he is a douchey ass hat (It probably makes him more interesting), than that he writes milquetoast boring MOR music, the type that gets played in a bank lobby.

Back