Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I mean I like the Arctic Monkeys but calling them the last great new band is maybe the worst music take I’ve read in a minute. There are great new bands dropping music virtually every single week. And AM have been around for like 15 years.....I mean that’s just preposterous.
Maybe I should have added “that made an impact on me “ ..I guess at nearly 50 most new bands just remind of something older ..

I mean I like the Arctic Monkeys but calling them the last great new band is maybe the worst music take I’ve read in a minute. There are great new bands dropping music virtually every single week. And AM have been around for like 15 years.....I mean that’s just preposterous.
Yeah like, we can’t just not pretend Fleet Foxes exists.

On another note: I’m having a hard time getting into this Stevie Nicks album :/, I really want to like it but not clicking just yet, haven’t even started on The White Stripes... only songs I know by them are Seven Nation Army and Icky Thump! Wish me luck lol.

Yeah like, we can’t just not pretend Fleet Foxes exists.

On another note: I’m having a hard time getting into this Stevie Nicks album :/, I really want to like it but not clicking just yet, haven’t even started on The White Stripes... only songs I know by them are Seven Nation Army and Icky Thump! Wish me luck lol.

Death Letter (although a cover) might be the best song in their catalog.

I am extremely happy with the May and June Essential ROTM picks! They are incredible picks in my opinion! 🔥🔥🔥

I’ve listened to both the Stevie Nicks and White Stripes albums and was super impressed by them! 👍

Also, “Edge Of Seventeen” was a song I always knew from radio play, but never knew who it was by! And I was blown away to hear it halfway through the album! And that iconic, frantically pulsating guitar riff at the start was totally sampled by Destiny’s Child on their hit song “Bootylicious”! 🍑🌟💎

I just also get a strong sense of authenticity musicianship wise, with both these Stevie Nicks and The White Stripes albums! 💯

I’ve actually really been loving the VMP Essential picks so far this year! 🎯🕺

I am extremely happy with the May and June Essential ROTM picks! They are incredible picks in my opinion! 🔥🔥🔥

I’ve listened to both the Stevie Nicks and White Stripes albums and was super impressed by them! 👍

Also, “Edge Of Seventeen” was a song I always knew from radio play, but never knew who it was by! And I was blown away to hear it halfway through the album! And that iconic, frantically pulsating guitar riff at the start was totally sampled by Destiny’s Child on their hit song “Bootylicious”! 🍑🌟💎

I just also get a strong sense of authenticity musicianship wise, with both these Stevie Nicks and The White Stripes albums! 💯

Glad you love Stevie Nathan, she’s an absolute rock star queen both as a solo artist as well as when she’s a part of Fleetwood Mac!

Also, Tom Petty and Mike Campbell are all over this album. A few tracks sound like Heartbreakers tunes w Stevie singing.

I think one of them was a heartbreakers song that they gave to Stevie. She also dueted with Tom on the original demo for the Apartment Song. She was big friends with Tom Petty and all of the heartbreakers. It’s no coincidence that Fleetwood Mac brought Mike Campbell in to cover Lindsay Buckingham’s guitar parts live.

I think one of them was a heartbreakers song that they gave to Stevie. She also dueted with Tom on the original demo for the Apartment Song. She was big friends with Tom Petty and all of the heartbreakers. It’s no coincidence that Fleetwood Mac brought Mike Campbell in to cover Lindsay Buckingham’s guitar parts live.
Have you seen Echo in the Canyon? It’s a fantastic documentary that I think you’d dig.

Glad you love Stevie Nathan, she’s an absolute rock star queen both as a solo artist as well as a when she’s a part of Fleetwood Mac!
I actually think Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams” might be one of my favourite songs ever! It’s got such a sweet, buttery smooth tempo and has this country, velvety, timeless sound that’s mesmerising. The best way I can describe the track is, subtle perfection-ness! It’s quietly haunting, bare and sensual at the same time, but overall, is tender, simple and nostalgic. Really has that homemade, cozy aesthetic! I love that song so much and because of that, I love Stevie Nicks so much as she is the star of that track! 🌟

I’m really happy that I’ll be having her debut album on vinyl soon! I just know I’m going to fall in love with it! ♥️

I actually think Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams” might be one of my favourite songs ever! It’s got such a sweet, buttery smooth tempo and has this country, velvety, timeless sound that’s mesmerising. The best way I can describe the track is, subtle perfection-ness! It’s quietly haunting, bare and sensual at the same time, but overall, is tender, simple and nostalgic. Really has that homemade, cozy aesthetic! I love that song so much and because of that, I love Stevie Nicks so much as she is the star of that track! 🌟

I’m really happy that I’ll be having her debut album on vinyl soon! I just know I’m going to fall in love with it! ♥

Haha yeah she wrote Dreams and it’s a beautiful track for sure. Rumours as a whole is such a strong album. She also wrote Landslide and Rhiannon off their self titled album that preceded Rumours. They are two of my all time favourites!

I’m really happy that I’ll be having her debut album on vinyl soon! I just know I’m going to fall in love with it! ♥
Haha yeah she wrote Dreams and it’s a beautiful track for sure. Rumours as a whole is such a strong album. She also wrote Landslide and Rhiannon off their self titled album that preceded Rumours. They are two of my all time favourites!
This is one of my favorite Stevie clips- her voice is amazing.

I’m resubbing next month for this Stevie Nicks. I’m gonna have to buy some peanut butter to go with all those jams 😎🥳🤪

Back