Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I mean the name Essentials makes sense for what they strive it to be most of the time. The Flaming Lips, Aretha, Queens of the Stone Age, Steve Nicks, De La Soul, Van Morrison, White Stripes, Roots, Jorge Ben, Stooges, Loretta Lynn, Arctic Monkeys, Moby, Miles Davis, Biggie, Fiona Apple, Gorillaz, Nina Simone, Beck, Weezer, Fugees, Black Sabbath, Queen releases for example I think fit the name. Sometimes they put out new releases which is fine, I get that. They also like to dig into some things that they really want to reissue that don't fit as "essential" artists or albums though, and the only reasons they are Essentials is because they don't have a third, crate digger track that they fit. It's just a name, and most of the time it is an actual big name artist or album, so just let it be IMO.

It usually works out that when they put a lesser known album or new release in one track, there is a big time release in another track.

EDIT this is kinda the ramblings of a tired man at 4am so I'm sorry for me being not smart lol

Ugh gotta vent, I've been back on VMP for less then a week and they are already giving me a headache

When I saw stevie and the white stripes announced I signed up immediately for them. Since I don't care for the stooges I decided to swap it for caroline Polachek. Less then an hour later it swapped back. I know this is nothing out of the ordinary for them so I just swapped to The Roots instead. The next day I noticed Polachek was still in my orders as paid but The Roots weren't, yet roots was still showing as my months pick, so I sent an email to them. Had to wait over the weekend for a response. Before I checked my email I saw that my swapped has changed back to stooges AGAIN and now roots and Polachek are BOTH in my orders as paid. Now I got this email and it makes absolutely no sense to me

Screenshot_20200401-033014_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh gotta vent, I've been back on VMP for less then a week and they are already giving me a headache

When I saw stevie and the white stripes announced I signed up immediately for them. Since I don't care for the stooges I decided to swap it for caroline Polachek. Less then an hour later it swapped back. I know this is nothing out of the ordinary for them so I just swapped to The Roots instead. The next day I noticed Polachek was still in my orders as paid but The Roots weren't, yet roots was still showing as my months pick, so I sent an email to them. Had to wait over the weekend for a response. Before I checked my email I saw that my swapped has changed back to stooges AGAIN and now roots and Polachek are BOTH in my orders as paid. Now I got this email and it makes absolutely no sense to me

View attachment 38822
Well correct me if I'm wrong but ultimately what you originally wanted was Polachek this month (April), then two more months so you can get Stevie and White Stripes? Isn't that what Tyler suggested at the end of that email? I think that's what's being said. It's dumb and stupid and the website doesn't work properly BUUUUT that's the outcome you originally wanted I think yes?

Well correct me if I'm wrong but ultimately what you originally wanted was Polachek this month (April), then two more months so you can get Stevie and White Stripes? Isn't that what Tyler suggested at the end of that email? I think that's what's being said. It's dumb and stupid and the website doesn't work properly BUUUUT that's the outcome you originally wanted I think yes?

I think I'm just tired (it is almost 4am here and I havent slept yet) because I reread it several times and I'm now seeing you are right lol

I think seeing him talk about March and saying he'd move The Roots to June just confused my tired mind

I think I'm just tired because I reread it several times and I'm now seeing you are right lol
Hey look, after all the CS tickets I've put in over the years I'm basically the Windtalker of VMP CS emails at this point. I am more than happy to provide my services of VMP email decoding to whomever deems it necessary. Now, if you'll excuse me this large peyote pipe ain't gunna smoke itself...

Maybe the name SELECTIONS would apply better than Essentials.
The name Essentials has been coming in handy lately. Every time I’m whining to my wife that my records are shipping late she tells me that they’re non Essential. So I pull up VMPs page and say Boom Wrooong !!! They’re literally called Essential it’s right there on the page.

The name Essentials has been coming in handy lately. Every time I’m whining to my wife that my records are shipping late she tells me that they’re non Essential. So I pull up VMPs page and say Boom Wrooong !!! They’re literally called Essential it’s right there on the page.

so the other two tracks are just optional. ;)

If anybody missed out on Jim Sullivan and wants a cooler looking variant...LITA is putting out their own variant now:

tmp_2F1584555691414-48g1vxsfved-b2a8b50a8b9489347a7389ad28b06659_2Fufo%2Bgalaxy.jpg

If anybody missed out on Jim Sullivan and wants a cooler looking variant...LITA is putting out their own variant now:

tmp_2F1584555691414-48g1vxsfved-b2a8b50a8b9489347a7389ad28b06659_2Fufo%2Bgalaxy.jpg
Gotta say that one is much nicer .

So, an update about my rant from the other night. I re emailed Tyler about it and he assured me that it would be

April - Polachek
May - Stevie Nicks
June - The White Stripes

and he assured me that the roots would be taken off. Today i come home to find Polachek on my front step. Thinking this is way too early for my April box I email Tyler once again to just triple check its all good and he once again assured me that im all good. But my orders/membership page still shows The Roots is my april album?? Am i being paranoid about this

So, an update about my rant from the other night. I re emailed Tyler about it and he assured me that it would be

April - Polachek
May - Stevie Nicks
June - The White Stripes

and he assured me that the roots would be taken off. Today i come home to find Polachek on my front step. Thinking this is way too early for my April box I email Tyler once again to just triple check its all good and he once again assured me that im all good. But my orders/membership page still shows The Roots is my april album?? Am i being paranoid about this
But like, they already shipped Polachek and you have it? Then you're good, if they do charge you for Roots they'll just refund you. You'll probably get a free record.

But like, they already shipped Polachek and you have it? Then you're good, if they do charge you for Roots they'll just refund you. You'll probably get a free record.

Yeah I got polachek today, spun it and it sounds great! I'll happily take a free record lol. When I get stevie in white stripes then I'll feel safe. Thanks for making more sense to me then vmp customer support

Yeah I got polachek today, spun it and it sounds great! I'll happily take a free record lol. When I get stevie in white stripes then I'll feel safe. Thanks for making more sense to me then vmp customer support
Yeah VMP screws up sometimes but at least in my experience they’ll never charge you for something you didn’t receive.

ugh...

in a moment of weakness I broke down and re-upped for 3 months.

I don't know how long I'll stay....it may be more than that if they can ride this out.

I really wanted that Stooges mix.
Do you have an original (or the Rhino?). I'd be interested to hear your comparison if you end up doing one. I'm happy with my Rhino, so I passed, but I'm still interested maybe down the road.

Back