Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Whatever, Raconteurs rule. Catchy, straight-up classic rock style songs with dueling lead vocalists and solid harmonies. Great stuff. White Stripes were no doubt peak Jack White and much more creative, but Raconteurs had all the things he lacked with TWS — a good rhythm section and another vocalist/songwriter to pair himself with.

Yeah. there is a lot of good music throughout his career. I like the stripes. But IMO it’s not even his best work. It’s maybe more raw, but he’s an even better producer of arrangements than a player / song writer. Sixteen saltines, lazaretto love is blindness, even the muppets ditty. He has a talent for genre jumping and putting sounds and musicians together too.
Always thought Steady as she goes was brilliant

I love reading the discussions in this forum. Besides being extremely informative, I like the back and forth of varying perspectives. So, I'm a boomer. I remember in the 70's, my friend and I would scoop up 45's from the 50's because we thought they were oldies. When Patrice's record was released as a classic, I thought, "No way!" Then I realized I must be getting old. I don't even remember that record. I was more of a Stiff label guy. I will say though, I've been listening and collecting and spinning since the 60's, and while I've loved many records over the years, I do believe the music of today is some of the best ever. I'm not comparing it to any eras or within specific genres, I'm only stating that within the realm of what I listen to the most. I'm not a radio guy, just strictly what I find out there being produced by incredible musical artists. So many have the ability to blend genres across the decades, and still make it relevant today. I'm sure artists have always been doing that, I just find the artistry of today simply amazing. A tip of the hat to all the artists expressing what they need to say today. The fact this forum discusses those musicians, makes it a fanastic resource for people like me, searching for artists who can make me forget about life for awhile, and just feel. So, thank you all. Now, go on discussing! I need more coffee.

Back