Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Take the reissues out of the equation and treat yoself to the ...Like Clockwork special edition. It’s their best album by a country mile and I know longer-standing fans disagree because it’s not like the old Queens but it is where they perfected their craft IMO. As an album, start to finish, it’s absolutely killer. As Joe states above though, it’s where I jumped on board with them and I totally agree that this plays a part in listeners’ favourites from a canon.

totally agree with this, I got into them with Rated R, which is probably my second fave, but ...Like Clockwork is their best all around album IMO. The songwriting is on another level and it flies by pace-wise.

I didnt know Grohl was on the record until after I heard it and saw the fact in this thread. However, while listening I kept thinking a) this drummer is good, b) almost Grohl good and c) Grohl may have ripped this guy off.

Grohl on drums makes this the QOTSA album Essential to my collection. Otherwise, not sure any of these make the Vinyl collection (as opposed to the CD/Digital collection).

I reached out to customer service due to my Soft Bulletin jacket being damaged and they’re going to send me a replacement jacket. Normally, they would send a brand new record altogether, but this is the first time they’re just sending me a jacket. I’m not mad at it at all, just thought it was different than what I’ve normally experienced.

683082C1-9418-4886-96DA-A7B4B4C68322.jpeg

I reached out to customer service due to my Soft Bulletin jacket being damaged and they’re going to send me a replacement jacket. Normally, they would send a brand new record altogether, but this is the first time they’re just sending me a jacket. I’m not mad at it at all, just thought it was different than what I’ve normally experienced.

View attachment 20181

I asked for a replacement jacket, and they gave me credits. A pretty generous amount of credits, to be fair, but I would've preferred a replacement jacket. Ah well.

ahh, I see..

I just rejoined a few weeks back. I feel a little silly asking this but where on their site today and announce Novembers records?

I can only see up to October (flaming lips)

signed in

Oh, the Flaming Lips were one of the three. Here's the link.

Oh, the Flaming Lips were one of the three. Here's the link.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it

View attachment 20181
This happened to me with Jorge Ben - got just a replacement jacket for a crushed corner.

I’m honestly not sure I need this QOTSA either. I think they’re a really solid band and I like the record, but I just do t see myself ever listening to it. I’ve thrown SftD on maybe a handful of times over the last decade plus. Just not something I return to much.

I definitely want Aretha though....so I don’t want to cancel and not get back in but I would assume that that is HIGHLY unlikely to happen with an Essentials in month one. RHH and Classics are also misses for me with month. I’ll probably use the extra cash to buy Hounds of Love, Hats, and 2 Stereolab reissues. 4 records I’ll definitely listen to. Have my eye out for that Bon Iver variant though.

Back