Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Man, I really feel they missed out on doing exclusives for the other QOTSA releases. Era Vulgaris and Rated R at least would of been amazing to get on colored vinyl. I have a hunch that down the line Newbury will get some of these as exclusives.

I'm just excited for STFD though. This is one of those records to me, that deserves the title of Essential. It is one of the best records of that decade and has got some of Joshs best songs. I will be signing up for this and add MF Doom as an add on and maybe something else. Does anyone know if Fly Lo is still in swaps. I was supposed to get that as a PIF a while back but got no response since so was thinking of just picking it up.

Man, I really feel they missed out on doing exclusives for the other QOTSA releases. Era Vulgaris and Rated R at least would of been amazing to get on colored vinyl. I have a hunch that down the line Newbury will get some of these as exclusives.

I'm just excited for STFD though. This is one of those records to me, that deserves the title of Essential. It is one of the best records of that decade and has got some of Joshs best songs. I will be signing up for this and add MF Doom as an add on and maybe something else. Does anyone know if Fly Lo is still in swaps. I was supposed to get that as a PIF a while back but got no response since so was thinking of just picking it up.
I think the fly los are all gone.

It occurred to me - since they've announced the next three months in advance, what if that became the norm and they announced January's record tomorrow?

I think doing that would generally be viewed positively, especially with no 1-month subscription option available anymore. Has this been brought up here before, or have there been any discussion or questions like this over on Reddit, to anyone's knowledge?

It occurred to me - since they've announced the next three months in advance, what if that became the norm and they announced January's record tomorrow?

I think doing that would generally be viewed positively, especially with no 1-month subscription option available anymore. Has this been brought up here before, or have there been any discussion or questions like this over on Reddit, to anyone's knowledge?

I would prefer that as well. I think someone asked in last month's Storf AMA on Reddit if they'd be telling us what the next 3 months of Classics and R&HH would be and he said no, but I don't know if anyone asked if it would be a rolling 3 month advance warning for Essentials, the way Classics was in the beginning.

I would prefer that as well. I think someone asked in last month's Storf AMA on Reddit if they'd be telling us what the next 3 months of Classics and R&HH would be and he said no, but I don't know if anyone asked if it would be a rolling 3 month advance warning for Essentials, the way Classics was in the beginning.
Oh yeah - I totally forgot that Classics used to be like that. Well, now would be a perfect chance if they do decide to change it up.

It is pretty obvious that the sole purpose of this 3-month announcement was to get people into signing up for three months for QOTSA. They only chose the 3-month anoouncemnt so they get as many people as possible to sign up before QOTSA could announce the parallel wide release of teh standard version of the album. So i would not except a general change in announcements.

So question. If swaps open tomorrow, and I signed back up NOW...the fuck happens then?

Well, I did just sign back in because I couldn't resist SFTD, so...

ROTM still is Flaming Lips, there is a decent amount of records for swaptions.

I decided to go for FL as well as The Roots and I guess they will combine my shipments with my november package.

Does anyone know when exactly they will announce november classics and RHH?

Last edited:

I decided to go for FL as well as The Roots and I guess they will combine my shipments with my November package.

the classics is 99.9% Dave Brubeck Jazz Impressions of Japan, dunno with the rhh, I treat that one as my extra bonus swap track.

you may get your October out this month, mine still hasn’t shipped 🤬🤬🤬

I decided to go for FL as well as The Roots and I guess they will combine my shipments with my november package.

the classics is 99.9% Dave Brubeck Jazz Impressions of Japan, dunno with the rhh, I treat that one as my extra bonus swap track.

you may get your October out this month, mine still hasn’t shipped 🤬🤬🤬
R&HH looks to be Slowthai - Nothing Great About Britain, although im struggling to see what the toy car in the 'Guess Me Please' Instagram post has to do with that album.

EDIT: Im an idiot, the car is literally on the cover of the album 🤣

Back