Vinyl Me Please Country

Ok I just watched that VMP video and it’s possible they meant to show Shotgun Willie and not Red Headed Stranger.

It wouldn’t be the first time they showed the wrong artist’s album... even in the last day. The VMP email that the video came from showed a picture of Townes Van Zandt’s self-titled album while saying it was For the Sake of the Song.

Ok I just watched that VMP video and it’s possible they meant to show Shotgun Willie and not Red Headed Stranger.

It wouldn’t be the first time they showed the wrong artist’s album... even in the last day. The VMP email that the video came from showed a picture of Townes Van Zandt’s self-titled album while saying it was For the Sake of the Song.
tbh either will work

good guess that the 3 that will be announced in like 2 weeks will be

shotgun willie
metamodern sounds
coat of many colors

So in the liner notes video that got emailed out, did anyone else notice the four albums shown that were considered for the first album were Red Headed Stranger, Meta Modern, Coat of Many Colors and Folsom?

Makes me think Dolly will be Country album #4.

And Red Headed Stranger will be an Essential RotM down the line.
I would be so down with this. As long as we aren’t getting Sam Hunt albums every month I’ll be ok with this sub.

I would be so down with this. As long as we aren’t getting Sam Hunt albums every month I’ll be ok with this sub.

I would imagine we’ll see at least 1 newish pop-country (Sam Hunt, FGL, et al.) album per year and 1 newish of the Dave Cobb produced songwriter types (Sturgill, Isbell, Chris Stapleton, et al.) per year.

Ultimately, Storf believes the new Track will be an opportunity for VMP and its members to push the boundaries of how country music is defined, coaxing audiences away from stereotypes attached to the genre. VMP Country will be an entry into broad and unfamiliar contexts of country music — across artists, time periods and places.

why do i feel like theres going to be a few albums that aren't even country at all bolted onto the sub for no reason... like i dunno maybe kid rock
From learning about love, life and music from William Bell himself, to getting paid to listen to and research some of the best records ever made, to being able to go to live shows and eat BBQ on the company’s dime,
also this really doesn't make storf look good despite what he probably thinks

why do i feel like theres going to be a few albums that aren't even country at all bolted onto the sub for no reason... like i dunno maybe kid rock

also this really doesn't make storf look good despite what he probably thinks
Don't know the source of this quote but that sounds like a lot of hubris for vmp to singlehandedly push the boundaries of how country music is defined

Don't know the source of this quote but that sounds like a lot of hubris for vmp to singlehandedly push the boundaries of how country music is defined
FTFY - I mean, isn't that the sort of fantasy their editorial staff has been writing since the beginning. What would be record collecting without the intrepid curiosity - nay, selfless bravery! - of VMP in making lost sounds found?

Also, Unkle Kracker or GTFO!

I would imagine we’ll see at least 1 newish pop-country (Sam Hunt, FGL, et al.) album per year and 1 newish of the Dave Cobb produced songwriter types (Sturgill, Isbell, Chris Stapleton, et al.) per year.

Yep, with Storf curating that’s probably a guarantee.

I would honestly be shocked if we see it that often, as thats as someone who likes selected trash bro and bro country.
I know people love hating on Storf because he likes that stuff but the first 3 tracks should squash some doubts about what this track is going to be.
David Cobb produced new release Im sure will definitely make some appearances.
Modern pop and bro country I think will be alot rarer.
It is possible to have a respect for the genre and know what folks want in a track, while still enjoying some meaningless radio country as well.

A storf praise piece

Country's clue are 16, 2, 3. I thought it was gonna be Dolly's "In the Good Old Days (When Times Were Bad)" but storf shot it down with a "*whispers* Not Dolly yet"

Back