Vinyl Me Please Country

I'm talking about the first 3 Gillian which were never pressed though!
They're getting there - they told me Time (The Revelator) was in the works but that their recent releases had slowed things down for that. These are the big three. (And please keep VMP away from them - the Acony pressings so far are some of the v best I have).

I wonder just how "country " this will be. As someone who grew up on late 90/early 2000s pop country I'd kill for alot of those albums on vinyl but I imagine they wont go that direction. I'd sign up for my girls like Reba, faith hill, shania Twain, sara Evan's, martina McBride etc. But I feel like I would be in the minority on that

I think they're also having to take into account establishing a subscriber base vs people who would want to jump on/off for a single album. I wouldn't take any of those records if you gave them to me for free much less if I had to pay VMPs exorbitant prices.

I think they're also having to take into account establishing a subscriber base vs people who would want to jump on/off for a single album. I wouldn't take any of those records if you gave them to me for free much less if I had to pay VMPs exorbitant prices.

Yeah as I said I figured I'd be in the minority lol. There really isnt too much country I enjoy besides that and the current crop of alt-country artists out there rn. So i def dont see myself as a constant subscriber

You forget who is curating this.

The guy who gave us ROTMs/exclusives from Loretta Lynn, Townes Van Zandt, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Cody Jinks, Sturgill Simpson, Tanya Tucker, Colter Wall, Joshua Ray Walker, and Paul Cauthen. And also has shown he's a fan of Garth Brooks, Sam Hunt, Maren Morris, Luke Combs, etc.

I think we can expect a diverse set of albums from all flavors of country, one of the reasons why I think he's the right guy for the job. I would be shocked to not see some good 90's country in there. Especially given you can only pick one album each from the heavy hitters of the past.

Last edited:
The guy who gave us ROTMs/exclusives from Loretta Lynn, Townes Van Zandt, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Cody Jinks, Sturgill Simpson, Tanya Tucker, Colter Wall, Joshua Ray Walker, and Paul Cauthen. And also has shown he's a fan of Garth Brooks, Sam Hunt, Maren Morris, Luke Combs, etc.

I think we can expect a diverse set of albums from all flavors of country, one of the reasons why I think he's the right guy for the job. I would be shocked to not see some good 90's country in there. Especially given you can only pick one album each from the heavy hitters of the past.

The only thing I can see Storf doing that is out of left field is trying to get a Willie album repressed to fill holes in his collection. No idea if they're good but if they are fine with me

FAMILY GUY

(someone will get this joke.. its got to do with the kind of jazzbos)
You know what REALLY pissed me off about that guy's video?

An even more direct connection between Loretta and Family Guy would have been the song "Songbird," used in an episode where Stewie is in love with Ann Murray... he and Brian argue over the meaning of its lyrics.

But I guess he had to be more obtuse for the sake of... ....... you know what, I've got nothing. But fuck that guy anyway!

You know what REALLY pissed me off about that guy's video?

An even more direct connection between Loretta and Family Guy would have been the song "Songbird," used in an episode where Stewie is in love with Ann Murray... he and Brian argue over the meaning of its lyrics.

But I guess he had to be more obtuse for the sake of... ....... you know what, I've got nothing. But fuck that guy anyway!
i wouldn't know because i dont like family guy

also we are ignoring the best thing vinyl junkies said about country

"country music is the blues for white people"

I’m betting that the first album will be Iris Dement “Infamous Angel”. There was only one pressing by Plain. I never picked it up because of that. It now goes for $$$. Pitchfork just reviewed it out of the blue.
I don't even know who that is.

I’m betting that the first album will be Iris Dement “Infamous Angel”. There was only one pressing by Plain. I never picked it up because of that. It now goes for $$$. Pitchfork just reviewed it out of the blue.
I don't even know who that is.

Yeah, That would be a great pick but I have to imagine they'll go with one of the heavy hitters (Dolly, Waylon, Cash, Merle, Loretta, Kristofferson, Willie, etc) to kick it off. I would certainly love to see that in the Q2 batch though.

Back