Vinyl Me Please Country

You should though. This album is fantastic. I’m sure they’d play up the John Prine proximity.
Agreed, just listened and this album is fantastic. I don't think it would be the first one announced, but definitely could see it being a pick that I would be excited for. With that being said, I think it's a better album than the two that kicked off the Classics/Hip-Hop tracks, so perhaps?

Agreed, just listened and this album is fantastic. I don't think it would be the first one announced, but definitely could see it being a pick that I would be excited for. With that being said, I think it's a better album than the two that kicked off the Classics/Hip-Hop tracks, so perhaps?

True. And they could save a big gun for the 3 month announcement, to encourage more 3 month signups, rather than 1 offs (probably Month 4 honestly to stoke that FOMO).

Any album by Iris DeMent would be a great pick! But for some reason I do think the first will be "The Junkie and the Juicehead Minus Me" by Johnny Cash. I've been trying to get hold of a good copy of that in ages and I have no intention of joining VMP again at this price point, so it would be a typical ironic twist of fate for me

I’m betting that the first album will be Iris Dement “Infamous Angel”. There was only one pressing by Plain. I never picked it up because of that. It now goes for $$$. Pitchfork just reviewed it out of the blue.

I just spun this a couple nights ago...I love Iris! I had tickets to see her in April of 2020 but we all know what spring brought last year.

I have to admit, I'm tempted by the VMP Country sub, but I don't think I am ready to get back in.

This is the month.
I'm a wee bit surprise they havent dropped any hints. I would have to assume they will announce the title (and maybe even proactively add the track) before the official announce day. Would seem like a weird thing otherwise to have the official kick-off drowned out with the regular track drop article and swaps.

This has to be At Folsom Prison, right?

Perhaps one could make the case for Red Headed Stranger, but I can't make the case for anything else as widely considered to be best of all time.

Yeah I said the same thing. Its gotta be Folsom Prison.
Red Headed Stranger is amazing but you can debate that even being Willies best (Im not saying I would but others can).

It both makes sense and doesnt. They need a big gun to kick things off, and doing Cash will help them avoid hearing “whens johnny cash?” until they do. But Country classics are so overlooked on vinyl, it seems off to press his one album weird is constantly pressed (along with hot and blue guitar) .
That said, I got rid of my copy when I bought the RSD complete set, and Ive regretted it. So wouldnt mind having a new copy of the original album.

Yeah I said the same thing. Its gotta be Folsom Prison.
Red Headed Stranger is amazing but you can debate that even being Willies best (Im not saying I would but others can).

It both makes sense and doesnt. They need a big gun to kick things off, and doing Cash will help them avoid hearing “whens johnny cash?” until they do. But Country classics are so overlooked on vinyl, it seems off to press his one album weird is constantly pressed (along with hot and blue guitar) .
That said, I got rid of my copy when I bought the RSD complete set, and Ive regretted it. So wouldnt mind having a new copy of the original album.

What about Ropin The Wind, that would be a good start but Garth isn't letting anyone touch that I am guessing,

Back