Vinyl Me Please Country

Montevallo confirmed sorry everyone :(
(All I did was google search for it and found this page so it’s highly likely this is it)
B6900F40-F532-4273-A47B-659EF23D4D27.jpeg

Montevallo confirmed sorry everyone :(
(All I did was google search for it and found this page so it’s highly likely this is it)
View attachment 112589
The description literally sounds like "look.. we are sorry, we don't know why storf is such a frat bro.. but we had to do this because he has too much control"

I do think the country track needs some age diversification but man…the choice of a very popular, readily available at retail, not critically acclaimed record is such an odd choice. Like, it’s not even Sam Hunt’s best album.
Yeah there are a lot of other options that they could have filed that hole with. I just have a tough time seeing how much overlap there is between Sam Hunt fans and vinyl collectors. This just seems like something no one is clambering for. No that it’s ever stopped them from making other puzzling selections in the past.

Last edited:
Cannot wait for the Nathan 5 star review lol
Sam Hunt’s “Montevallo” is one of the worst ROTM’s picks of all-time! I was automatically bored and just went ewww when I heard that processed, phony, auto-tuned, Nicole-back like voice! 🤮

If I was to rate “Montevallo” as an album in terms of attractiveness, it’s unfortunately unfuckable!!! 🆘

Sam Hunt’s “Montevallo” is one of the worst ROTM’s picks of all-time! I was automatically bored and just went ewww when I heard that processed, phony, auto-tuned, Nicole-back like voice! 🤮

If I was to rate “Montevallo” as an album in terms of attractiveness, it’s unfortunately unfuckable!!! 🆘
🙅🏼‍♂️🙅🏼‍♂️🙅🏼‍♂️

We need a rating website where Nathan just reviews every day items he comes across.

VitaMix Blender - Would fuck.
Ikea Svernbold Mattress - Would not fuck.
Bok Choy - Would fuck.
Zubazz Pants - Would not fuck.

When Nathan calls VMP out you know it's bad. Also it says "art form" in the announcement description. LOL

I’ve never agreed with you more, Nathan. It sucks.

When Nathan calls VMP out you know it's bad. Also it says "art form" in the announcement description. LOL
Baby Monster really doesn’t like Montevallo! It’s just unpleasant, processed and robotic vocally and the production sounds cheap and tasteless to me!

I’m actually shocked VMP chose this as a ROTM! I can’t even right now! Whoever chose this ROTM is definitely is a little less my type! 😂

It’s a little bit narrow-minded of me to think this……… but how can you love an indulgent, decadent, rich, lavish, intricate, sensual, erotic album like “I Want You” by Marvin Gaye but also like Sam Hunt’s “Montevallo”! 🤯

It just doesn’t make sense to Baby Monster! 🥴

Baby Monster really doesn’t like Montevallo! It’s just unpleasant, processed and robotic vocally and the production sounds cheap and tasteless to me!

I’m actually shocked VMP chose this as a ROTM! I can’t even right now! Whoever chose this ROTM is definitely is a little less my type! 😂

It’s a little bit narrow-minded of me to think this……… but how can you love an indulgent, decadent, rich, lavish, intricate, sensual, erotic album like “I Want You” by Marvin Gaye but also like Sam Hunt’s “Montevallo”! 🤯

It just doesn’t make sense to Baby Monster! 🥴
It's not narrow-minded. There are genres or styles that I don't care for as much, but you can still recognize its' good art. This album is not art. It's popular music. There is nothing noteworthy or artistic about it. Guy can sing... that's it. It was selected because they believe it will turn numbers. Period. I'll be sad if it's true.

Apparently Sam hunt is the more "nuanced" and lyrical and personal of the bros... Apparently a progenitor of "boyfriend country" (aka bro country where they are actually "nice guys" so even more toxic masculinity) and pitchfork comparing him to drake which is again only fitting because you can sense the rapey vibes

Apparently Sam hunt is the more "nuanced" and lyrical and personal of the bros... Apparently a progenitor of "boyfriend country" (aka bro country where they are actually "nice guys" so even more toxic masculinity) and pitchfork comparing him to drake which is again only fitting because you can sense the rapey vibes

I've never heard of this guy, he's not made it over to the UK. What's he done (apart from make a shit album judging by comments)? Where's the controversy?

Also prediction that storfs writers notes will involve how polarising a figure he is for not being the "traditional country sound".. meanwhile Kacey Musgraves, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, Sturgill Simpson, and more have got acclaim for either stepping out of or embracing the sound

I've never heard of this guy, he's not made it over to the UK. What's he done (apart from make a shit album judging by comments)? Where's the controversy?

Also watch spectrum pulses reviews, he knows a lot about country and can discuss it better

I think he had a DUI once. Aside from that, no idea. People just don’t like his music and think some of his lyrics are creepy. I’ve never heard of the guy either. Kinda bummed about all the choices this month considering I signed back up last month for a 3 month sub…might just take credit this month and see if I can apply it as a member credit later? How does that work? I can’t really just add a month on at the end of my 3 month sub right?

Also prediction that storfs writers notes will involve how polarising a figure he is for not being the "traditional country sound".. meanwhile Kacey Musgraves, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, Sturgill Simpson, and more have got acclaim for either stepping out of or embracing the sound

Also watch spectrum pulses reviews, he knows a lot about country and can discuss it better

I need to read up on bro country, all sounds pretty rubbish tbh

Back