Vinyl Me Please Country

Sam Hunt seems most likely given VMP but Dan + Shay's Where It All Began and Cole Swindell's S/T both seem to fit the clues too so there's a bit of mystery still here, as well as Jennifer Nettles

Last edited:
also voice your disdain on twitter and the youtube comments and stuff to show that.. you do NOT endorse toxic bro culture in country

It doesn’t sound bad at all, just not as good as an OG which can be had for peanuts
I don't have a comp, but the copy I'm listening to sounds fantastic. My issue is a heavy pop on the last track of A and a ton of surface noise on the last track of A & B.

also voice your disdain on twitter and the youtube comments and stuff to show that.. you do NOT endorse toxic bro culture in country
I'm not even sure what "country bro culture" is exactly. I just think bland pop music with a mildly country accent is the worst version of country music... if it should even still be called that.

What are peoples thoughts on the Buck Owens record? I listened to it the other day and I wasn’t a fan of how much chatter there was in between songs. Felt like way too much time was spent talking to the audience.

What are peoples thoughts on the Buck Owens record? I listened to it the other day and I wasn’t a fan of how much chatter there was in between songs. Felt like way too much time was spent talking to the audience.
It’s fine. Buck is thought of as a funny showman (why he’d spend a good portion of the 80s hosting Hee-Haw) so the chatter is part of his schtick. If you prefer just music I would recommend this…

So do you guys really like the album “Grievous Angel” by Gram Parsons?

I actually am warming up to the album a bit and I like the fact that Emmylou Harris played a big role on the album! I feel like having Emmylou Harris’ “Pieces Of The Sky” and Gram Parsons’ “Grievous Angel” would be awesome in terms of expanding my Country vinyl library!

But yeah, I’m interested to know how people feel about “Grievous Angel” being a Country ROTM! Do you think it’s a great pick?

So do you guys really like the album “Grievous Angel” by Gram Parsons?

I actually am warming up to the album a bit and I like the fact that Emmylou Harris played a big role on the album! I feel like having Emmylou Harris’ “Pieces Of The Sky” and Gram Parsons’ “Grievous Angel” would be awesome in terms of expanding my Country vinyl library!

But yeah, I’m interested to know how people feel about “Grievous Angel” being a Country ROTM! Do you think it’s a great pick?
Gram Parsons is great, both of his solo albums (along with Flying Burrito Bros. and his stint in the Byrds) are essential IMHO

Gram Parsons is great, both of his solo albums (along with Flying Burrito Bros. and his stint in the Byrds) are essential IMHO
I listened to the song $1000 Wedding and was stunned by the lyrics - I read them after and was amazed! Like that did the girl die and he had no idea whilst waiting for her to show up? And the notes being passed around is that she died?

Like I dunno, but that “$1000 Wedding” song was quite breathtaking, heartbreaking and just so sad! I really loved it and I kind of want to get “Grievous Angel” for that stunning song alone!

Grievous angel is a stone cold classic, as are the flying burrito bros and sweetheart of the rodeo. I'm not huuuge on country, but respect where it's due, if gram's on it, it's worth at least checking out.

Back