Vinyl Me Please Country

Watched the movie Stillwater last night, and Sammi Smith’s version of “Help Me Make it Through the Night” was prominently featured. Would love to get a Sammi Smith record in this track at some point. Doesn’t look like any of her stuff has ever be reissued on vinyl.

FFS. VMP has done such a disservice to some of these classic country albums by having them pressed at GZ (and other subpar pressing plants). I signed back up for Coat of Many Colors, and the mastering is excellent, and the jacket and packaging are good, but I've got clicks and pops galore on the 2nd half of the A side, and a giant pop at the start of Here I Am on Side B. And this is after I cleaned it because there was obvious dirt and debris on it straight out of the jacket. Such a shame, especially after having to get replacements for Cash and Sturgill for similar reasons.

*Sigh* As I've said before, Fool me once, shame on VMP. Fool me 200+ times, shame on me.

FFS. VMP has done such a disservice to some of these classic country albums by having them pressed at GZ (and other subpar pressing plants). I signed back up for Coat of Many Colors, and the mastering is excellent, and the jacket and packaging are good, but I've got clicks and pops galore on the 2nd half of the A side, and a giant pop at the start of Here I Am on Side B. And this is after I cleaned it because there was obvious dirt and debris on it straight out of the jacket. Such a shame, especially after having to get replacements for Cash and Sturgill for similar reasons.

*Sigh* As I've said before, Fool me once, shame on VMP. Fool me 200+ times, shame on me.
It’s very disappointing. Classics really are the only track that feels worth it most of the time. I wish Country reached that same bar, but it never will as long as it’s pressed at GZ.

FWIW, a week or two ago Storf posted something on social media about being particularly excited about Country Vol. 10, which I believe will be December (the "14(1)" clue).
I wasn’t sure what “country vol. 10” meant at first. I thought it was the name of an album so when I googled it the only thing that came up was “NOW that’s what I call country music volume 10”.

I was simultaneously scared and confused until I realized December is the 10th Country sub release. But also, a small part of me would find it hilarious if VMP ever made a NOW compilation a ROTM lol

Waylon Live?
Nah, this…

5EA6B8FF-624B-4FDD-A8A3-4BCA84D72DA9.jpegTownes Van Zandt, Live At the Old Quarter

VMP already released his 1st album as an Essentials track and VMP seems to have a really good relationship with Fat Possum and it’s currently out of print.

Edit: I don’t know how to make the first clue work but this album is definitely the 2nd most important live Country album (behind presumably At Folsom Prison)

Last edited:
Nah, this…

View attachment 110995Townes Van Zandt, Live At the Old Quarter

It’s TVZ ‘s 2nd album and they already released his 1st as an Essentials track and VMP have a really good fat possum and its

I’m feeling pretty certain that 14 (1) means 14th album (1st live album). Buck Owens makes too much sense.

The “2” clue for November is likely Grievous Angel. Leaving a debut album that had fake live crowd noise as a the October pick

Back