Vinyl Me Please Country

Trisha Yearwood’s debut hasn’t been pressed in 30 years since its debut, also Ropin the Wind stands out like a sore thumb as needing a repress but Garth is so tight on control. Brand New Man hasn’t been pressed either and would be genuinely interesting. 91 is a tough year to predict though, lots of big artists put out goodies.
Yeah Ropin The Wind isn’t happening from VMP. Garth Brooks should never be a guess on a ROTM for Vinyl Me Please.

I just saw single LP releases for all the records from Garth’s box set on target and they’re all about $11.99. Garth is more interested in moving units and manipulating/making the charts. I can’t see him entering a restrictive deal with someone like VMP. Since it’s a club, whatever they sell doesn’t count as album sales.

Let me dream anyway. Maybe they could sell him on VMP introducing his music to a new demographic. There is probably some good data out there about correlation of VMP releases and increase in artitsts' back catalog sales/interest.

Let me dream anyway. Maybe they could sell him on VMP introducing his music to a new demographic. There is probably some good data out there about correlation of VMP releases and increase in artitsts' back catalog sales/interest.

This is the same guy who doesn't have his music available for streaming (outside of Amazon, because they bought his GhostTunes DSP). He doesn't have an interest in introduction to a new demographic. Streaming is the current, and it's the future. Can't outrun it Troyal.

This is the same guy who doesn't have his music available for streaming (outside of Amazon, because they bought his GhostTunes DSP). He doesn't have an interest in introduction to a new demographic. Streaming is the current, and it's the future. Can't outrun it Troyal.
It's a shame too. His music was transcendent of the genre at the time and he really was the king of Country Music for a good stretch.

all of them are women... so no alan jackson... dolly is basically confirmed

my guess

July: Reba McEntire - For My Broken Heart
August: Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colors
September - Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow OR one of the 2 Emmylou Harris albums

all of them are women... so no alan jackson... dolly is basically confirmed

my guess

July: Reba McEntire - For My Broken Heart
August: Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colors
September - Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow OR one of the 2 Emmylou Harris albums
Great guesses.

Reba and Dolly would be perfect ROTM’s whatever the 3rd record would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Country is likely continuing it’s streak of albums I already have (since I have the MoV Dolly and both RSD Emmylou boxes) but I predicted that from the start. This track is great so far.
I do hope they release some exclusives with Coat though. As much as it makes sense to release the gems in the discographies, those are the ones to have been pressed recently anyway. Would love to see “In the good old days (when times were bad)” and though I have the RSD copy from years back “the grass is blue” is a masterpiece in need of a repress.

a AAA version by VMP is gonna be a big upgrade over a MOV though . I have a vg+ original pressing of the Emmylou but a clean remaster is welcome

Oh Im not complaining at all. Im definitely in for this upgrade. Its a great pick for Dolly and Im loving seeing people all in for this track (especially after months of hate on storf as curator, like having a soft spot for some bro country means he cant love the classics as well).

Oh Im not complaining at all. Im definitely in for this upgrade. Its a great pick for Dolly and Im loving seeing people all in for this track (especially after months of hate on storf as curator, like having a soft spot for some bro country means he cant love the classics as well).
I agree that it’s been a great start. I hope that they continue their run of worthy titles but if they they do make some shitty selections will it be okay to critique his curation?

I agree that it’s been a great start. I hope that they continue their run of worthy titles but if they they do make some shitty selections will it be okay to critique his curation?
Of course it is (even if “shitty” is subjective). The critiquing before titles were even announced was just obnoxious since eople were just focusing on his couple admitted bro country loves, as opposed to his solid history picking any of the Country titles we’d seen from VMP up until that point.

Great guesses.

Reba and Dolly would be perfect ROTM’s whatever the 3rd record would just be icing on the cake.

Dolly is a no-brainer talent, I just have never connected with her music. That said, I love Reba and Olivia Newton Jon was my first childhood crush, so I'm down for the nostalgia if nothing else. I'd be surprised at that last one though. Worth listens for sure.

Got my Haggard shipping notice and I am convinced that the next three titles are these.

Reba- For My Broken Heart
Dolly - Coat of Many Colors
Emmylou - Pieces of the Sky

View attachment 102092
Shit they should replace Reba (not forever, just postpone it for a bit) and do a Linda Ronstadt release instead and then release Trio as an exclusive. Missed opportunity marketing-wise.

Back