Vinyl Me Please Country

M
Ya, the new VMP Sturgill. I've never had a locked groove and I'm willing to bet my table would play through it.
Mine has a lock before playback I think on the B side. It’s far out and can easily be skipped past. In fact I didn’t notice it first pass. The sticker is the same for both sides though so I got a second.

Sure send me info. I don’t think @Mather really wants the album. I think He wants the masochistic challenge
Yeah go for it @Webb_615! It's all yours!

Part of the thing is, just so you so don't think I'm being a picky asshole, is living in Canada it'll cost me close to $30 after exchange and PayPal fees to reimburse shipping costs, to get anything here. So knowing that even a free record from y'all is going to cost me $30, I need to make it KINDA worthwhile for that cost. Hence my reticence at the double Side A label. So I'm not a picky asshole, I'm a picky CHEAP asshole...

Last edited:
Just got my Sturgill today. No locked groove. Correct center labels. Sounds great. Especially Side B. (Slightly quieter noise floor with cleaner vocals if that makes sense?) Which is a little weird right? Or maybe I’m imagining things. So I checked...Side A has CJH in the dead wax and Side B has PL in the dead wax. Is that what everyone else got? Is that from two different cuts?

Anyways, seems like a fitting end to my subscription with VMP. Mostly great, but I’m still left scratching my head. (Fingers crossed on Immanuel Wilkins, Pharaoh Sanders, and the Herbie anthology I'm still waiting on.)

Just got my Sturgill today. No locked groove. Correct center labels. Sounds great. Especially Side B. (Slightly quieter noise floor with cleaner vocals if that makes sense?) Which is a little weird right? Or maybe I’m imagining things. So I checked...Side A has CJH in the dead wax and Side B has PL in the dead wax. Is that what everyone else got? Is that from two different cuts?

Anyways, seems like a fitting end to my subscription with VMP. Mostly great, but I’m still left scratching my head. (Fingers crossed on Immanuel Wilkins, Pharaoh Sanders, and the Herbie anthology I'm still waiting on.)

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing discussion around different cuts somewhere else too. So I just checked mine and I have PL on both sides.

Shenanigans!

Back