Vinyl Me Please Country

Unfortunately not! It was too harsh/strong for me in terms of the accent and country sound! I tried and I wanted to like it, but it’s a sound that’s just too harsh for my ears!
Interesting, that’s how I felt about Willie! To each their own, happy we’re both experiencing and enjoying country finally!

Nathan, you must be getting older. Or maturing or something. You actually expressed your dislike for something without saying "unsexy" at any point. Congrats!
Thank you! 🤠😚

Did you get the Merle Haggard? I have a feeling you didn’t grab it, but then it was an AAA pressing, so you might have gotten it!

Thank you! 🤠😚

Did you get the Merle Haggard? I have a feeling you didn’t grab it, but then it was an AAA pressing, so you might have gotten it!
I actually didn't, you're correct. I grabbed Cash because I figured it would beat my MOV 2 LP and it did although it wasn't a run away winner. But it was real nice. That's the only country track I've gotten so far. I have some interest in picking up one of the locked groove Sturgills off of someone who got a replacement because I feel like he's a guy I should respect and have at least one album of in my collection. But I'm at 600 records and basically out of space so I have to be picky at this point...

Interesting, that’s how I felt about Willie! To each their own, happy we’re both experiencing and enjoying country finally!
Yes, I do like a bit of country but I am still quite picky and am making a big effort to try and get into the genre! I’m really enjoying it so far! 😊

Really happy I’m making the effort for Country as it’s not really my thing at all! I love myself for it! ♥️

That Reba album rules.

Yeah, glad I listened to that and didn't just go with it like I normally do. I'm not sure that's for me).

Definitely too American

What does that mean?

"terrible woman, I told Raymond she was no good"

"that's what they wanted you to believe"

"Raymond" .....drops tea cup

That is some serious acting, straight out of Saturday Night Live. The song could be great, but I didn't hear it over the amazing commentary. Best music video I've seen in a long long time :ROFLMAO:

edit - I'm going to have to buy this

My first pass on the country track too. I think it's a good choice and I do have love for Reba, but it wouldn't get enough play to warrant the price tag.
Reba is a "Greatest Hits" artist for me. She has some great songs, but 80s/90s country radio star albums generally have v, v bad filler (imo).

Reba is a "Greatest Hits" artist for me. She has some great songs, but 80s/90s country radio star albums generally have v, v bad filler (imo).
I don't necessarily think there's a whole lot of filler here, it's just a layer of production that dates it horribly. And it wouldn't make it in my regular listening rotation. There's a craftsmanship to the songs and singing that's admirable and I get why it was picked. It's just a relic of it's era.

I know this was an essentials but damn, so funny how time helps your tastes develop. Hated the Townes Van Zandt pick years ago cause I disliked country but I can’t stop listening to it recently. Was very excited to grab it for $17 in the sale yesterday, Country aint so bad.

Back