Vinyl Me Please Country

A little off topic, but if you haven’t seen Sturgill live, I highly recommend it. I got a last minute ticket for cheap, and really didn’t know what to expect (this was a couple of years ago at a good concert hall in Portland), and my jaw was on the floor throughout. I had no idea he rocked out, and threw down the funk along with the country jams like he did. I go to a fair amount of shows, and rarely am I so floored as I was by him. Not sure if they are all like that, but he and his band can seriously throw down.

IMO the standard pressing of Metamodern Sounds isn't terrible. It's not mind blowing, or audiophile quality, but it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the music. If you like this album, grab a standard copy (or this VMP variant if you care about color) and you'll be good.

IMO the standard pressing of Metamodern Sounds isn't terrible. It's not mind blowing, or audiophile quality, but it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the music. If you like this album, grab a standard copy (or this VMP variant if you care about color) and you'll be good.
The only thing I liked in swaps enough to trade was Pendulum, and I bought it last month because I wasn't sure how much longer it would be around.

A little off topic, but if you haven’t seen Sturgill live, I highly recommend it. I got a last minute ticket for cheap, and really didn’t know what to expect (this was a couple of years ago at a good concert hall in Portland), and my jaw was on the floor throughout. I had no idea he rocked out, and threw down the funk along with the country jams like he did. I go to a fair amount of shows, and rarely am I so floored as I was by him. Not sure if they are all like that, but he and his band can seriously throw down.
I miss concerts...

His former guitarist was incredible. Laur Joamets. I've seen Sturgill 3 times. The first two were great. The 3rd time wasn't enjoyable as he was having issues with his feedback monitor and the venue was too big for him. I got into Sturgill just after he played a show in Dallas for about 30 people right before he blew up. I wish I had known about him before that show.

I think the standard being pressed at United is what’s pushing me for the VMP version. The only thing I have from United is the recent Third Man Vault set, and it’s horrendous. I’ll do all I can to avoid United pressings in the future.

That's good to hear, gonna jump back into the VMP world after many years away with this one. love the album but never picked up a copy.

Has anyone had a chance to spin Sturgill yet? I’m almost certain mine has a locked groove. When I put the needle down, it just spins in the exact same spot before the first song.

Has anyone had a chance to spin Sturgill yet? I’m almost certain mine has a locked groove. When I put the needle down, it just spins in the exact same spot before the first song.
Someone else posted about a locked groove on reddit.

Just got a shipping notice today, will report back. The way USPS is going for me lately, it will be here in about a decade.

Definitely keep us posted. Hopefully it’s a perfect copy for you. Everything arrived in good shape this time around, even after stuffing three records in those small mailers.

I spun mine this weekend and had a locked groove at the beginning of side 2 as well, I asked for a replacement

I spun mine this weekend and had a locked groove at the beginning of side 2 as well, I asked for a replacement

Guess I'll be starting my spin with side 2 when my copy arrives later this week!

No locked grooves, however both sides are labeled "side 2" It's a shame too... it's pretty record and sounds good.

Back