Vinyl Me Please Classics

If I want to make sure I get Lightnin do I go and reactivate my sub right now or towards the end of the month?
i think if you reactivate now you'll get Sylvester. I'd wait until swaps open which I think is 9AM PST tomorrow.

also would recommend looking into the lightning hopkins Goin Away pressing coming out on AP at the end of the month. it's insanely good.

i think if you reactivate now you'll get Sylvester. I'd wait until swaps open which I think is 9AM PST tomorrow.

also would recommend looking into the lightning hopkins Goin Away pressing coming out on AP at the end of the month. it's insanely good.
Do you know if AS charges immediately when you buy something on back order? Or do they charge once it ships?

Kind of feels like it would make far more sense to pay $45 for an Lightnin Hopkins AP press next month as opposed to a $43 Lightnin Hopkins VMP press, feels like the better album as well @MikeH :unsure:
That’s why I mentioned the AP. I personally like it better as an album and the sound quality is excellent. Chad said there should be more copies released at the end of the month so might be worth a backorder. I think it’ll be a popular title. I unfortunately paid $60 for it before the reissues were announced but it’s worth every penny IMO.

That’s why I mentioned the AP. I personally like it better as an album and the sound quality is excellent. Chad said there should be more copies released at the end of the month so might be worth a backorder. I think it’ll be a popular title. I unfortunately paid $60 for it before the reissues were announced but it’s worth every penny IMO.
I backordered the AP today because I have heard so much good stuff about how it sounds. I can't imagine the VMP could get better and a lot of people are discussing boycotting the release because of the shift from QRP to GZ. I bet it will be available in the store for a while and might wait for reviews. I didn't listen to people on the QJ and Vanguard anthologies from GZ and ended up having to deal with issues.

Support is always helpful but it is super annoying to video sound issues and mail them in. I had to record so many videos on the Vanguard albums that I really don't want to listen to them anymore.

Has anyone listened to Sylvester yet? What do you guys think of it?

I went in blind on this one and have to admit that Disco isn't really my jam. It's OK, the pressing seems good to me but I'm not sold on the actual music yet. I do think I need to listen again (I was juggling tasks while it was on) and perhaps read the booklet. Its definitely not going to be in my top choices from the Classics run.

IMG_5111.JPG

I went in blind on this one and have to admit that Disco isn't really my jam. It's OK, the pressing seems good to me but I'm not sold on the actual music yet. I do think I need to listen again (I was juggling tasks while it was on) and perhaps read the booklet. Its definitely not going to be in my top choices from the Classics run.

View attachment 129506

Have you tried ingesting copious amounts of cocaine first? I believe that really helps with disco.

View attachment 129506

💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃👯🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺

Back