Vinyl Me Please Classics

Looks like there are still copies of Barbara Lea available if I were to jump back into VMP Classics (after being out for 2+ years).

1) Is that album worth the $33/month entry point?

2) Any clues/rumors about Classics for the next couple of months?

3) Any updates on the Impulse! box? What's the planned date for sale/distribution?

Looks like there are still copies of Barbara Lea available if I were to jump back into VMP Classics (after being out for 2+ years).

3) Any updates on the Impulse! box? What's the planned date for sale/distribution?
I would highly recommend the Barbara Lea lp as well. A friend swapped one for me, not a VMP member)

1) Yes definitely. If you like the music, the pressing and mastering are spectacular.
2) Not yet, should start getting clues once a week starting either this week or next.
3) Hopefully this will drop very soon. No word yet, just an image of the box from an email they sent last fall.

1) Yes. Great music, great mastering, and great pressing.
2) March is Lightnin' Hopkins - Lightnin' Strikes. But pressed at GZ, so caveat emptor. April and beyond who knows.
3) No idea. Sometime in 2022.

1) Yes. Great music, mastering, and pressing.
2) March is Lightnin' Hopkins - Lightnin' Strikes. But pressed at GZ, so caveat emptor. April and beyond who knows.
3) No idea. Sometime in 2022.

Yeah March is Lightnin', it's been announced. April -May-June clues should be coming in the next week or two.

Anyone taking the gamble on a GZ pressed Lightnin'?
I know that it's obviously a different album and you're in Canada, but...the AP reissue of Goin Away should be out end of this month and is $40. It's probably a top 5 best sounding album in my collection. i'd recommend for most people to go for that instead of paying a similar price to spin the VMP GZ wheel.

I know that it's obviously a different album and you're in Canada, but...the AP reissue of Goin Away should be out end of this month and is $40. It's probably a top 5 best sounding album in my collection. i'd recommend for most people to go for that instead of paying a similar price to spin the VMP GZ wheel.
I think I'm going to go this route. And if reviews are positive for the GZ pressing, I'll go back and pick it up (assuming it won't sell out in the first month).

I think I'm going to go this route. And if reviews are positive for the GZ pressing, I'll go back and pick it up (assuming it won't sell out in the first month).
yea i will probably pick up the VMP second hand if the reviews are good on it. i ended up grabbing barbara lea on discogs for about the same price as it would have cost on a multi-month membership for me (paid $33 shipped for a sealed copy). lightnin may be more in demand but we'll see!

If I want to make sure I get Lightnin do I go and reactivate my sub right now or towards the end of the month?

Back