Vinyl Me Please Classics

Just got through my first play-through of Lea In Love.

God damn, it sounds good, its releases like this that keeps me hooked. Apart from a bit of a warp I haven't got a bad thing to say about it.
I streamed this one a couple times (as recently as today) and just couldn't get into it, and I like a lot of the other vocal jazz that I've gotten from VMP (Blossom, Billie, Etta Jones). Maybe I just need to take the leap and grab Lea and hope it grows on me.

I streamed this one a couple times (as recently as today) and just couldn't get into it, and I like a lot of the other vocal jazz that I've gotten from VMP (Blossom, Billie, Etta Jones). Maybe I just need to take the leap and grab Lea and hope it grows on me.
Honestly, vocal jazz isn't typically my go-to and I do find some to be really offputting. This one really impressed me though with a fantastic backing group and really solid vocals. I really like the French language track as well.

I found myself listening to it a lot too so I ended up grabbing a copy on discogs.
Planning on snagging Modest Mouse so really it was simply rejoining one month earlier. Also, my wife had some bad luck on discogs (accidentally ordered a boot and one item listed as VG+ actually came almost split in two) so I think we're in a household embargo.

one cool thing is my hairdresser telling me about the times he went to clubs just to see Sylvester back in the day... as well as when i mentioned that Sylvester helped make the weather girls famous before they had their one hit (look it up) he spoke about dancing to a lower level dancing with the stars style charity event to its raining men

Back