Vinyl Me Please Classics

I don't think they care if Speakers Corner, Pure Pleasure, or non-US labels put out AAA reissues. It hasn't stopped them in the past. Al Green's Call Me for instance, I'm sure there are others too.
Nice thing if they do something that is still available PP or SC, then I have a baseline cost to compare. That and I willing to pay more for something not pressed at GZ

Infrequent poster here, I just wanted to drop in and say I think the Ashby record is phenomenal, I came in as a fan of Afro-Harping and In A Minor Groove and saved listening to The Rubáiyát for the first time until today when it arrived in the mail. I feel happy for others who are going to have their head blown by this, as mine just was.

I am probably going to jinx this, but I listened to the Dreamer by Bobby Bland and I reallllly want that to be the soul record coming up.
I would love that to be the August ROTM! I’m personally rooting for Bill Withers’ +justments though! 📝💭♥️

I am so, so, so excited for the ROTM announcement! I’ve got a great feeling I’m going to be super impressed by the ROTM selections!!! 😍

I would love that to be the August ROTM! I’m personally rooting for Bill Withers’ +justments though! 📝💭♥️

I am so, so, so excited for the ROTM announcement! I’ve got a great feeling I’m going to be super impressed by the ROTM selections!!! 😍
I'd be totally down for Bill Withers too, I only have his Carnegie Hall show on vinyl.

Finally getting around to listening to Abbey Lincoln and I think it's gonna be a pass for me. It's not bad, but I don't see myself reaching for it compared to something like Blossom Dearie.

I am quite eager to see what we have in store for August and September, though.
It really isn't on par with "Abbey is Blue", I feel like that would be more up your alley if you enjoy Blossom Dearie and Sarah Vaughan for example.

I really shouldn't as I've picked up Abbey, Sarah Vaughan and Peggy Lee in the past month alone, but I'm leaning towards picking it up.

I absolutely love and adore Abbey Lincoln’s It’s Magic! It’s a stunning album and I think Abbey Lincoln’s vocals on the album are exceptional! I’m really looking forward to spinning this one! 😍

Purely a matter of personal taste but the Abbey Lincoln album does nothing for me. In fact, July is looking like a total washout across the board - Reba, Ludacris, MV all duds for me. Hopefully Aug/Sept will be much better. (ATLiens would certainly be welcome). For the first time VMP is starting to feel a bit overpriced for me relative to Tone Poets, Verve Acoustic Sounds etc. Store drops of late have been underwhelming too with the very odd exception.

Oh, either the Bobby Bland or Bobby Womack would be great. I Can't Stand The Rain is a great record too (but selfishly speaking, I already have a reissue of that - wouldn't mind upgrading to an audiophile copy but getting something else is better). Soul month is the first one? Sounds promising.

I'll probably grab Abby Lincoln, but candidly, I'm a bit underwhelmed that it's the pick. It's not a very exciting listen and I'm not too keen on Abby Lincoln's phrasing and/or delivery. To me its acceptable and decently relaxing vocal jazz but not much more than that. Maybe I need to give it a couple more listens, would've preferred some AAA Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Helen Merrill or something

Last edited:
Purely a matter of personal taste but the Abbey Lincoln album does nothing for me. In fact, July is looking like a total washout across the board - Reba, Ludacris, MV all duds for me. Hopefully Aug/Sept will be much better. (ATLiens would certainly be welcome). For the first time VMP is starting to feel a bit overpriced for me relative to Tone Poets, Verve Acoustic Sounds etc. Store drops of late have been underwhelming too with the very odd exception.
I'm hopping Queen shows up in swaps, to swap out Reba I have a good feeling it might since you can buy it as a new member. Also hoping to swap out classic for Yusef Lateef if that shows up I slept on it and kind of regret missing it.

Oh, either the Bobby Bland or Bobby Womack would be great. I Can't Stand The Rain is a great record too (but selfishly speaking, I already have a reissue of that - wouldn't mind upgrading to an audiophile copy but getting something else is better). Soul month is the first one? Sounds promising.
I bought that Bobby Bland when it was a popular guess a few months ago. ( think it ended up being Tough Guys) Great album I've played it a bunch in the last few months.

Back