Vinyl Me Please Classics

Didn’t VMP just do this with their John Prine release?
Essentials is different than Classics. They do color variants and fancy packaging so they figure it’s not redundant and a variant. Prine was one of many that already had recent good reissues. The only difference between Craft putting out another Melting Pot would be a listening notes book and a different pressing plant. And a foil stamped “VMP classics”. The current in print version is AAA and a tip-on jacket already. It’s not happening.....and WHO would even want it to? Just go get the $25 version , it sounds awesome .

...I remember a post on Reddit a year or two ago even where storf gave his opinion on the made in Memphis series Craft did that Melting Pot was a part of. I think he alluded something about they wanted to do the Dave Porter Victim of a joke album before Craft decided to do it themselves in that series. There was a lot on conversation on the old forum about them not doing Classics that had recent quality US reissues

Shh...you’re going to make @NathanRicaud even more excited....the exclamation marks are trying rest right now 🤫
I’m so overwhelmingly happy to hear that the pressing for Musical Massage is top notch! I’m going to light a few candles in my room at night 🕯 , put a few rose petals on my bed 🥀 , make myself a midnight martini cocktail 🍸 and then just immerse myself in one of the most romantically erotic, sensual, passionate and luxurious albums of all-time! Listening to Musical Massage on a calm night in audiophile form will make for a really intimate, magical night!!! ✨✨✨

I’m so overwhelmingly happy to hear that the pressing for Musical Massage is top notch! I’m going to light a few candles in my room at night 🕯 , put a few rose petals on my bed 🥀 , make myself a midnight martini cocktail 🍸 and then just immerse myself in one of the most romantically erotic, sensual, passionate and luxurious albums of all-time! Listening to Musical Massage on a calm night in audiophile form will make for a really intimate, magical night!!! ✨✨✨
i feel like there is going to be a VERY weird fanfiction soon

i feel like there is going to be a VERY weird fanfiction soon
It’s not as fancy as what it seems! Lighting a candle and making a cocktail is all very normal. Only rose petals make it extra! And I’m going to have the lights off and the blinds up so I can look outside at the city to create a bit of a dreamy/intimate vibe! ✨

I’ll literally just be by myself though and probably my housemate will come in and will have a drink and then lie down and we’ll end up giggling and making silly noises and talk deep about life and how we can’t wait to get jobs that we don’t hate! 😂

😂I love you, man. Never change!

Let me join the chorus of those praising the quality of the Leon Ware pressing. This sounds light years better than streaming and is a great listen.
Yes, I agree. I’ve only listened to the first side so far but it does sound brilliant. I’m hearing lots that streaming didn’t offer. Also, at the end of each track there seems to be like an really quiet echo of music that leads to the next track that pulls everything together. It’s a lovely listen.

Let me join the chorus of those praising the quality of the Leon Ware pressing. This sounds light years better than streaming and is a great listen.
Yes, I agree. I’ve only listened to the first side so far but it does sound brilliant. I’m hearing lots that streaming didn’t offer. Also, at the end of each track there seems to be like an really quiet echo of music that leads to the next track that pulls everything together. It’s a lovely listen.
My goodness I cannot wait to spin this pressing! It’s going to be a heavenly and delightful listening session! I’m super duper keen now! As soon as my VMP box is delivered to my parents’ house, I’m picking it up and Musical Massage will be the first VMP exclusive I listen to from the box! 😍

For June, what about Les McCann Ltd's New From the Big City? The wording of that third clue seems a little odd to me, although I can't put my finger on it. Might be it seems like a solo artist at first glance (Les McCann) but it's the band he led at the time.

I'm just throwing spitballs, as "1970 Soul Jazz" yields hundreds of results on Discogs. I was also thinking they're due for another Blue Note release, although Reuben Wilson's Blue Mode was reissued as a BN80 not too long ago. Grant Green's "Alive!" maybe? Oh wait that was a BN80 too.

I'm gonna guess:

April– Otis Rush, Mourning in the Morning
May- The Mar-Keys, Memphis Experience
June- (still looking)'

Agree that King Curtis could still be May and then June is a soul jazz album by a group.

Any thoughts on Horace Silver Quintet - That Healin' Feelin' for June?

Edit: A couple of more possibilities for June. All Blue Note, all haven't had recent vinyl reissues (note there is no clue pointing to June being a Blue Note record, I'm just trying to self-limit possibilities and I figure the label is due for a Classics release):

Lonnie Smith - Drives
Brother Jack McDuff - To Seek a New Home
Lou Donaldson - Pretty Things
Lou Donaldson - Everything I Play Is Funky
Jimmy McGriff - Something to Listen To

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess:

April– Otis Rush, Mourning in the Morning
May- The Mar-Keys, Memphis Experience
June- (still looking)'

Agree that King Curtis could still be May and then June is a soul jazz album by a group.

I'll go:

April: Otis Rush - Mourning in the Morning
May: King Curtis - Live at Fillmore West
June: The Jazz Crusaders - Old Socks, New Shoes...New Socks Old Shoes

I'll go:

April: Otis Rush - Mourning in the Morning
May: King Curtis - Live at Fillmore West
June: The Jazz Crusaders - Old Socks, New Shoes...New Socks Old Shoes

I hope you're right about King Curtis but I feel like if that was it, one of the clues would have made something of the fact that it's a live album, which as far as I can recall would be a first for a ROTM, right?

Back