Vinyl Me Please Classics

What about a set of 45s seems like "filled with gimmicks" to you?

That's the special edition of the album anyway. Like you can get it as an 2xLP is you like.
Right! if we are taking an analytical view on record collecting I would argue that the whole idea of collecting records would be “gimmicky” yet here we all are.

I definitely buy some records for gimmicks. Looking at you GITD records!
Exactly! For most of us non-audiophiles we do it because we like it not for an optimal listening experience. I could bUy all books digitally and read them on my e-reader too but I like the gimmick of owning large heavy chunks of paper with pretty covers and spines.

I'll throw out "Jammed Together" again, because I want it to be so. Last year I guessed Otis Immortal and it came true. I also guessed this one. here's hoping.
View attachment 44274
This has been on my lower radar since the Stax unboxing sessions. Although I was really disappointed to hear that Cropper and King weren't even together at the time it was recorded. Still, both great players.

This has been on my lower radar since the Stax unboxing sessions. Although I was really disappointed to hear that Cropper and King weren't even together at the time it was recorded. Still, both great players.
You can tell from the transition now that you mention it. Cropper's part in that solo is just okay to me. I love his rhythm work. That Tweed vibrolux is fantastic sounding. I first heard this song on CD in an alternate mix. Cropper was cut out. LOL.

What about a set of 45s seems like "filled with gimmicks" to you?
have you WATCHED the trailer for the MCHG 7inch set

spots you have to scratch on to get lyrics and pictures, a mirror used for no reason other than to read a lyric sheet thats backwards for no reason

8 singles of an album most people only cared about 1 of

this is not just a fancy colored vinyl or box... this is inconvenience for inconvenience sake

Back