Vinyl Me Please Classics

SRV seems like a pretty weird pick for Classics, to me. It'd probably be the furthest into the 80s to date and sits a lot better into Blues Rock than Blues.
I’m assuming it’s someone he was influenced by. His albums all have great pressings as is and are pretty available if I’m not mistaken. Maybe Lightnin’ Hopkins? His Lightnin’ Strikes album might be a good choice since it’s on Verve and VMP has a working relationship already.

I’m assuming it’s someone he was influenced by. His albums all have great pressings as is and are pretty available if I’m not mistaken. Maybe Lightnin’ Hopkins? His Lightnin’ Strikes album might be a good choice since it’s on Verve and VMP has a working relationship already.
I would so be in for some Lightnin' Hopkins!!!!

I threw this is in the reddit thread, but here's my go at some wild conjecture:

Albert King has 10 letter in his name
He was born in April, which is the 4th month.
He died on the 21st day of December.

Not sure how that works for Rap & Hip Hop, but if the artist is still alive it explains why there's no third number for that one.

The mono version of Born Under a Bad Sign looks to only have 2 official releases, both going for a good chunk of change.

And it looks like the last press of Jammed Together by Albert King was in 1990. So, long enough ago for VMP to be interested in doing one. Though, I don't know how any of them sound, so not sure if there already is a definitive repress of it.

Last edited:

Not sure how that works for Rap & Hip Hop, but if the artist is still alive it explains why there's no third number for that one.

The mono version of Born Under a Bad Sign looks to only have 2 official releases, both going for a good chunk of change.

And it looks like the last press of Jammed Together by Albert King was in 1990. So, long enough ago for VMP to be interested in doing one. Though, I don't know how any of them sound, so not sure if there already is a definitive repress of it.

Nice - way better than my rabbit hole last night with trying to connect the number of guitarists or lineup changes of John Mayall and the Bluebreakers.

zachgalifianakisdoingmath.gif

If we are thinking Albert King and Stax is in play then I would love to see an audiophile reissue of Live Wire/Blues Power. I know others here have wanted that to be a classics too.

I also forgot, but Albert King had that live album with SRV so that could be why Storf was listening to him too.
Would love that SRV and Albert album.

Bad sign too, but was implied they probably wouldn't do that in the forum last year.

Would love that SRV and Albert album.

Bad sign too, but was implied they probably wouldn't do that in the forum last year.

Is it possible the Stevie & Albert album would be #4 for Stevie and #21 for Albert? Not sure when it was recorded.

I forgot the other numbers. Not sure whether or not this makes any sense.

Well Storf was my vinyl secret santa a couple years ago, and Jammed Together was one of the albums he got me. There was a note I remember mentioning these are albums or artists he'd like to use for future Classics.

Back