Vinyl Me Please Classics

Interesting that nobody has brought up Keith Jarrett for the groaning/grunting/noises yet.
The first time I heard him was the Standards Vol. 1 album. "Meaning of the Blues," the very first cut, is one of the most beautiful things I had ever heard up until that point in my life, overwhelming to the point where... well, right when I thought I was about to hold back tears, I noticed the gremlin in the background that kept getting louder and louder. I've never had art so quickly move me and then SNAP ME back into reality like that!

Does anyone trust the digital restoration

Also what sleeves will vmp use until QRP is back

I trust that the digital restoration will sound amazing still! 😇

Not sure what sleeves Pallas will use, but hopefully they aren’t those cheap paper sleeve ones with no protection on the inner part of the sleeve! 🤞

AVOID MINGUS
This is eery because I was listening to Mingus last night. I have a ton of his albums and im pretty familiar with him grunting etc, and the one I was listening to is an obscure live recording from a 1960 performance at the Jazz à Juan festival at Juan-les-Pins. Rather than his normal audible grunts I was hearing this really muted chatter which I didn't realise was coming from the recording. I actually went out onto my balcony thinking it was someone outside, then went into the bedroom to see if my girlfriend left her phone on or something. Finally muted the speakers to hear it clearer and realised it was on the recording.....im an idiot.

This is eery because I was listening to Mingus last night. I have a ton of his albums and im pretty familiar with him grunting etc, and the one I was listening to is an obscure live recording from a 1960 performance at the Jazz à Juan festival at Juan-les-Pins. Rather than his normal audible grunts I was hearing this really muted chatter which I didn't realise was coming from the recording. I actually went out onto my balcony thinking it was someone outside, then went into the bedroom to see if my girlfriend left her phone on or something. Finally muted the speakers to hear it clearer and realised it was on the recording.....im an idiot.
I've done this before, or drum stick clatter, when guys are either grabbing new sticks or put theirs down for a sec. It's wild. On Monk Criss Cross you can hear him talking or making noises on some tracks I believe. Same thing, I thought I was getting cross talk from a radio station.

My copy arrived today w/ a skip on Amen. Emailed CS and they had a copy to send me. May be worth reaching back out.
Are you kidding me? Still can't get them to acknowledge I haven't gotten one. I guess I'll contact them again. What address did you email, or do you mean you sent a message through the site?

And have a replacement being sent out. Elli had her numbers off apparently? I just replied to the old email chain. Has lead to me getting faster responses thus far, for whatever it's worth.
I did that but it defaulted to info@ and I got ignored.

I still don't have my April records and if there is any issues and they are out of Otis replacements I will be furious. Paul assured me on his last email to me almost 2 weeks ago that they were holding back plenty of replacements since they mailed everything out so late this month.

I trust that the digital restoration will sound amazing still! 😇

Not sure what sleeves Pallas will use, but hopefully they aren’t those cheap paper sleeve ones with no protection on the inner part of the sleeve! 🤞
On the pallas website they have standard paper sleeves but recommend poly-lined inners they also offer. So it will depend on what vmp orders from them.

Back