Vinyl Me Please Classics

On the pallas website they have standard paper sleeves but recommend poly-lined inners they also offer. So it will depend on what vmp orders from them.
so probably the same stuff you'd get from a Gz

i trust pallas to do a good product since though i dont have many albums from them the 2 i do have are pretty decent

so probably the same stuff you'd get from a Gz

i trust pallas to do a good product since though i dont have many albums from them the 2 i do have are pretty decent
They are definitely the best pressing plant in Germany which may not say so much, but there reputation seems to be great worldwide and at least comparable to qrp

They are definitely the best pressing plant in Germany which may not say so much, but there reputation seems to be great worldwide and at least comparable to qrp
Yeah thats what I heard.. though I think pressing plant doesn't really matter as long as you don't get an unlistenable album, the albums mastering is a lot more important, and we got ryan Smith as always who is... Tbh a little overrated because his sound is everywhere and they sound alright but not mind altering (maybe I am just used to his sound by him doing every reissue, or just the fact that he does so much there is less detail).

My Otis record finally showed up so I am just giving it a first spin now. I have never gotten a record from VMP that is so dirty! Tons of fuzz and marks that look like scuffs. From what I can tell it sounds okay thankfully. Was it the last song on side A that people were having issues with?

My Otis record finally showed up so I am just giving it a first spin now. I have never gotten a record from VMP that is so dirty! Tons of fuzz and marks that look like scuffs. From what I can tell it sounds okay thankfully. Was it the last song on side A that people were having issues with?

I'm pretty sure it was Amen, the last song on side B

I feel like if they were able to do an all-analog reissue of West Side Soul it would've been done by now by somebody. I'm skeptical it's that, though that would probably be a best case scenario.

‘Hard to Handle’ is fuzzy as hell for me, making me question if I have a setup issue🤔 spinning The Roots now and it’s sounding great. Not as thrilled with this Otis pressing as I’d hoped. My Dock of the Bay Sessions sounds superior.

‘Hard to Handle’ is fuzzy as hell for me, making me question if I have a setup issue🤔 spinning The Roots now and it’s sounding great. Not as thrilled with this Otis pressing as I’d hoped. My Dock of the Bay Sessions sounds superior.
I would email CS for a replacement. My Otis is really clean sounding. One of their better recent pressings.

Good to know I’ll have to give that a close listen one another spin. My copy has skips all over “Amen” which is really discouraging. Gonna give it a clean and see if that fixes my issues. I was super stoked about this release so I’m really hoping my copy is just super dirty and not defective.

Back