Vinyl Me Please Classics

I would absolutely love this one, specially with the Classics recent quality for pressing / mastering. I've been trying to find a decent copy for a while since I found Jazz Impressions of New York in a used bin in Amsterdam.

Funny that you should say that, because I seem to come across copies of Jazz Impressions of Japan very often in Amsterdam. I have an 80s Japanese pressing which is pretty good, but if they do this AAA @ QRP I might have to bite.

I actually have TWO original pressings of Impressions of Japan I got from my grandpa's collection. He was a huge Brubeck fan - I have about 25 original (or early repress) albums from the 50s-60s, including several Fantasy 10"s.

Anyway, not sure why he had two copies of this one... maybe one is scratched? I should take a listen.

Last edited:
Interesting they recall this for the edge being jagged, which to me is a cosmetic issue but pressing runs full of warps and non-fill is met with a shrug lol. I guess if you drop your needle outside the record this kind of flaw could take out the whole styus though. Still good to see that they take classics seriously.

I’m not sure if they will be using the same old work out stampers as before (hopefully not) which I could see as the major downside of this.

Interesting they recall this for the edge being jagged, which to me is a cosmetic issue but pressing runs full of warps and non-fill is met with a shrug lol. I guess if you drop your needle outside the record this kind of flaw could take out the whole styus though. Still good to see that they take classics seriously.

I’m not sure if they will be using the same old work out stampers as before (hopefully not) which I could see as the major downside of this.
kinda wish they'd send me a jagged copy so i could see if I can cut a steak with it.

I'm not usually as into laid back smoother jazz but I am really digging this Brubeck at the moment.
I just find his stuff so different from anything else out there. Really different arrangements and almost ahead of his time song structures. I'm surprised he's not more popular these days quite frankly. His stuff is like... retro future Jazz.

I just find his stuff so different from anything else out there. Really different arrangements and almost ahead of his time song structures. I'm surprised he's not more popular these days quite frankly. His stuff is like... retro future Jazz.
I don’t think a lot of people spend the time and give him the chance. I think a lot of people hear Paul Desmonds tone and immediately tell themselves they’re listening to elevator music lol. I think he has one of the most beautiful tones out there but I know when I was first trying to break into Brubeck it took many tries before my fiancé stopped thinking it was corny smooth jazz

I don’t think a lot of people spend the time and give him the chance. I think a lot of people hear Paul Desmonds tone and immediately tell themselves they’re listening to elevator music lol. I think he has one of the most beautiful tones out there but I know when I was first trying to break into Brubeck it took many tries before my fiancé stopped thinking it was corny smooth jazz
Yeah I can see that. But man, Time In, Time Out and Time Further Out are all amazing. So many cool tracks and really different arrangements on there. Like Raggy Waltz, Lost Waltz and Unsquare Dance are all just sick, and that's not even touching his really well known tracks like Take Five...

Back