Vinyl Me Please Classics

Haha, it's a cool pick. I just think I'll wait on it till later since I don't really expect it to fly off the shelves. But I'm glad they're doing stuff like this.
Yeah, I have a feeling it will sell very slowly too, especially as the Rap & Hip-Hop and Essential picks are pretty big!

I am really happy VMP are doing Fania exclusives too! I really like this pick! Although I prefer The Isley Brothers’ and Art Blakey pick more!

Riiiiiiiiight. Yes thank you.

-glances around-

-quietly opens swaps-
This is my thoughts exactly. This album is getting swapped. It makes me sad because it's the first Classics that I have zero interest in.
I've listened to it 3 times and every time it's a struggle to make it past 3 songs.
I wish they were doing The Hustler instead of this album

Yeah, I have a feeling it will sell very slowly too, especially as the Rap & Hip-Hop and Essential picks are pretty big!

I am really happy VMP are doing Fania exclusives too! I really like this pick! Although I prefer The Isley Brothers’ and Art Blakey pick more!
What are the RHH and essentials?

This is my thoughts exactly. This album is getting swapped. It makes me sad because it's the first Classics that I have zero interest in.
I've listened to it 3 times and every time it's a struggle to make it past 3 songs.
I wish they were doing The Hustler instead of this album

Think the hustler will be a swaption

Finally get a Blue Note classics, and mine arrives warped and with a bent corner. So fuckin’ bummed right now although it plays fine...I really should just stay away from VMP

(For a reference, this is the second warped Classics record I’ve ever received)

EDIT - Side B is perfectly flat, so perhaps a vinyl flat could make it perfect...I’ve got hope!

Last edited:
Back