Vinyl Me Please Classics

My top 3 is:

1. Al Green - Call Me
2. Darrell Banks - Here to Stay
3. Eddie Floyd - Knock on Wood

And the bottom 2 are

Willie Bobo - a bit dull
Donald Byrd - I cant emphasise just how bad I think this record is...
I absolutely love that top 3 as well!!! ♥️

That list is so you Joe! Those three albums are all vocally stunning!

And the bottom 2 are

Willie Bobo - a bit dull
Donald Byrd - I cant emphasise just how bad I think this record is...
So for me Donald Byrd is a mixed bag. Side A almost crosses the line into "smooth jazz" territory. But Side B is note for note probably my favorite side of any VMP release I own, Classics or otherwise. Those two tracks are so funking funky.

I mean it’s hardly a Sherlockian observation! It’s like saying “there’s a lot of guitar solos on that Led Zeppelin album”!

You saying they’re not on there really high up in the mix for a large portion of the album?

I’ve listened to it three times to make sure. Didn’t get better. Those things stood out as annoying. Don’t have a clue what side or track they were on.

I mean it’s hardly a Sherlockian observation! It’s like saying “there’s a lot of guitar solos on that Led Zeppelin album”!

You saying they’re not on there really high up in the mix for a large portion of the album?

I’ve listened to it three times to make sure. Didn’t get better. Those things stood out as annoying. Don’t have a clue what side or track they were on.
I'm just having fun with ya. My only point is that while yes, I agree with you on the smooth jazz elements as they pertain to Side A, I would encourage you to give Side B another shot because IMO the instrumentation and overall vibe is vastly different. Side B is a funky dance party.

I'm just having fun with ya. My only point is that while yes, I agree with you on the smooth jazz elements as they pertain to Side A, I would encourage you to give Side B another shot because IMO the instrumentation and overall vibe is vastly different. Side B is a funky dance party.

I listened to both sides each time. I’m gunna have to be drunk or in a particularly contrary mood to ever go back there again!

Back