Vinyl Me Please Classics

This is my favourite classics month so far and I was actually a bit apprehensive about the liner notes. I'm a sucker for reading jazz-related books/essays and really didn't want it to be written by someone that was learning it all for the first time themselves (nothing against that it's just something we could all do ourselves).

I just read the ROTM page for Take Twelve and it's so refreshing to see someone actually reference the books and sources. Ashawnta Jackson has done a stellar job setting the scene in my opinion.

fyi for anyone else jamming out to lee morgan that there are a couple in amazon warehouse

my bill withers is dishwarped, naturally...does their text phone number for customer service no longer work? and does anyone answer their customer service email.

my bill withers is dishwarped, naturally...does their text phone number for customer service no longer work? and does anyone answer their customer service email.

Sending a message using the help button on the website with a picture of the warp usually elicits a response within 24 hours.

Text phone number? That's the first I've heard of that method of contacting them.

I was thinking of swapping the Lee Morgan title, as I’ve never heard anything by him. Was considering Quasimoto or Saba, but seeing all the excitement, I decided not to swap after all.
Yay, so happy you’re keeping the Lee Morgan ROTM! I’m sure it’s going to be super delightful spin that one! Glad you didn’t swap as well as it’s sold out too! 🔥🔥🔥

Philly soul has to be something from the label they’re about to do the Anthology for. Can’t remember the name right now. Was talked about but not announced.

Philly soul has to be something from the label they’re about to do the Anthology for. Can’t remember the name right now. Was talked about but not announced.

Philadelphia International.

I agree it's most likely from that label, although another Philly Groove album from the folks that brought us Nat Turner Rebellion could be a dark horse candidate.

How bad is the warp? I’ve been trying to find a copy of this one and didn’t wanna rejoin VMP. If they offer you a replacement I’d be willing to buy it off ya…

Would love a pick from Philadelphia Int. Although I own several records from that label and they’re in decent condition. So I’m selfishly hoping it’s not one I already have...

Paging @NathanRicaud - any way to check stock on the Coleman Hawkins ROTM? I'd love to swap my October ROTM for it, but would be helpful to have some sense as to whether it might still be around. If you are able to help, much obliged!

Paging @NathanRicaud - any way to check stock on the Coleman Hawkins ROTM? I'd love to swap my October ROTM for it, but would be helpful to have some sense as to whether it might still be around. If you are able to help, much obliged!
Hey! There’s no way of me checking the stock on that one unfortunately! Hopefully The Hawk Flies High is still around as it’s a great album and the pressing for it is 👌!

Reddit pointed out this article for the Philly soul album

Reddit pointed out this article for the Philly soul album

I would be simultaneously stoked and pissed for some Teddy Pendergrass

Back