Vinyl Me Please Classics

+justments showed up today. While it is still crazy that VMP is shipping items individually, at least shipping is moving fast again. I got shipping notice on Thursday last week. So looks like cross border shipping (to Ontario at least) is back to about a week which is nice.
Mine also followed the exact same timeline. High five.

My Essentials, R/HH and Country records shipped on the 6th and were scanned into a sack/container in Illinois on the 10th; my Sun Ra shipped on the 9th and was scanned into a sack/container on the 13th; my Bill Withers shipped on the 17th and was scanned into a sack/container on Monday...

None of them have moved since.

Bill Withers is Soo damn good. Have a couple of loud pops before the last track on side a but doesn't affect the music and I can live with it. Otherwise another great classics.

This is my favourite classics month so far and I was actually a bit apprehensive about the liner notes. I'm a sucker for reading jazz-related books/essays and really didn't want it to be written by someone that was learning it all for the first time themselves (nothing against that it's just something we could all do ourselves).

I just read the ROTM page for Take Twelve and it's so refreshing to see someone actually reference the books and sources. Ashawnta Jackson has done a stellar job setting the scene in my opinion.

Last edited:
This is my favourite classics month so far and I was actually a bit apprehensive about the liner notes. I'm a sucker for reading jazz-related books/essays and really didn't want it to be written by someone that was learning it all for the first time themselves (nothing against that it's just something we could all do ourselves).

I just read the ROTM page for Take Twelve and it's so refreshing to see someone actually reference the books and sources from their info. Ashawnta Jackson has done a stellar job setting the scene in my opinion.

I am extremely excited to spin this ROTM! This is such a spectacular pick and I think this will be a top 3 Classics ROTM for me! I love the Bill Withers and Leon Ware picks the most this year! This Lee Morgan pick is just as good as the Leon Ware pick for me personally! I also love the King Curtis and Dorothy Ashby Classics picks too but I think I just prefer the Lee Morgan ROTM a tiny bit more! 👌

Ahhhhh, I’m so freaking excited for this one!!! ♥️🎺

I am extremely excited to spin this ROTM! This is such a spectacular pick and I think this will be a top 3 Classics ROTM for me! I love the Bill Withers and Leon Ware picks the most this year! This Lee Morgan pick is just as good as the Leon Ware pick for me personally! I also love the King Curtis and Dorothy Ashby Classics picks too but I think I just prefer the Lee Morgan ROTM a tiny bit more! 👌

Ahhhhh, I’m so freaking excited for this one!!! ♥️🎺
Im still waiting for Bill to turn up! Really looking forward to it though.

I have been wishing for Lee Morgan to be picked up for a ROTM since the days of the old forum so im over the moon with this.

Very excited for this Lee Morgan record. I said it when it was initially announced, but I think it’s my favorite Classics pick of the year so far.

One thing I noticed is that it’s pressed at RTI instead if QRP. I’ve had pretty bad luck with them recently, so I’m hoping I get a clean copy.

Question - how is the pressing quality of the James Booker 'Paramount Tapes' release from few years ago? Anyone got feedback? Might grab it in swaps this month.

I don’t think it’s AAA but it sounds really good. Only thing I’d caution is see if you can pick it up on discogs or somewhere else for cheaper. It’s one of those titles that regularly shows up when VMP has a sale, you should be able to get it for well below $33 unless something’s recently changed.

Back