Vinyl Me Please Classics

Sorry, I meant I want a vinyl partner! 🙈

My relationship with vinyl is actually good! I’m not obsessed or dependent on vinyl and do love the hobby! I can go without spinning vinyl for weeks and I’m good, but I also enjoy spinning 6-7 records a day sometimes! 😎😜

How did I damage half my collection with the spin clean!?! I scrubbed really hard against the spin clean brushes and when I took my records out of the spin clean, I wiped them straight away and stored them in a new diskeeper inner sleeve! I didn’t allow them to dry much at all! And the cloth I used wasn’t that dry too! 🤦‍♂️

I’ve learnt my lesson though! I don’t know what to do with all the records I damaged though! I’ve cleaned them again with other solutions; groovewasher formula and using their brushes! That got rid of a lot of the extreme static popping surface noise, but there’s usually still quite a bit there! 😶
Your only solution, fortunately a good one, is to use Nitty Gritty FirstRV with a gentle brush like Disc Doctor. Done manually.

Sorry, I meant I want a vinyl partner! 🙈

My relationship with vinyl is actually good! I’m not obsessed or dependent on vinyl and do love the hobby! I can go without spinning vinyl for weeks and I’m good, but I also enjoy spinning 6-7 records a day sometimes! 😎😜

How did I damage half my collection with the spin clean!?! I scrubbed really hard against the spin clean brushes and when I took my records out of the spin clean, I wiped them straight away and stored them in a new diskeeper inner sleeve! I didn’t allow them to dry much at all! And the cloth I used wasn’t that dry too! 🤦‍♂️

I’ve learnt my lesson though! I don’t know what to do with all the records I damaged though! I’ve cleaned them again with other solutions; groovewasher formula and using their brushes! That got rid of a lot of the extreme static popping surface noise, but there’s usually still quite a bit there! 😶

You put still damp records into sleeves 😱

You’re lucky you’ve had no mould growth!

I think you probably could do with giving them a couple of proper go overs with a vacuum cleaner and a really good solution. Also after you do that those diskeeper sleeves are chuckers and should be binned and replaced with fresh.

You put still damp records into sleeves 😱

You’re lucky you’ve had no mould growth!

I think you probably could do with giving them a couple of proper go overs with a vacuum cleaner and a really good solution. Also after you do that those diskeeper sleeves are chuckers and should be binned and replaced with fresh.
Yeah, no mould growth so far! 😅🙏

I do need a good vacuum stick! I used to have a a vacuum stick but I didn’t like it, so when I get a new one, I’m going to repair those records I cleaned incorrectly! 🧼✅

I’m going to replace those inner sleeves with Hudson Hi-Fi Anti-Static inner sleeves! The diskeeper inner sleeves are great, but it’s way too expensive for me! I’m in debt at the moment too, so I won’t be able to get a vacuum and high quality cleaning solution just yet! I’m really hoping I get an excellent tax return later this month! 🤞

Your only solution, fortunately a good one, is to use Nitty Gritty FirstRV with a gentle brush like Disc Doctor. Done manually.
i would be happy to do that! The only thing is that it’s expensive because I’m in Australia! Same reason why I don’t want to get Diskeeper inner sleeves (it’s double the price for me because I’m in Australia)!

I looked into the Nitty Gritty FirstRV and that cleaning solution looks magnificent though! I’d love to own it!

i would be happy to do that! The only thing is that it’s expensive because I’m in Australia! Same reason why I don’t want to get Diskeeper inner sleeves (it’s double the price for me because I’m in Australia)!

I looked into the Nitty Gritty FirstRV and that cleaning solution looks magnificent though! I’d love to own it!

yeah I’ve found a few really good European sleeve companies recently, there’s much more diversity in the market now than there was a few years back, sleeve city aren’t the only quality outfit in the game anymore.

yeah I’ve found a few really good European sleeve companies recently, there’s much more diversity in the market now than there was a few years back, sleeve city aren’t the only quality outfit in the game anymore.
Mmmm yes! I now get the Hudson Hi-Fi Anti-Static inner sleeves from Amazon AU, and they are excellent! A pack of 100 only costs me approximately AUD$35, which is really good for me!

Mmmm yes! I now get the Hudson Hi-Fi Anti-Static inner sleeves from Amazon AU, and they are excellent! A pack of 100 only costs me approximately AUD$35, which is really good for me!

I still have a fair few diskeeper audiophiles (I bought 200 back in December 2019 and have about 50 left) but for the U shaped inners (that I use for inside printed sleeves) and outers ive been using www.spincare.co.uk and their products are excellent, will be using their equivalent to the diskeeper next time i need new inners.

Diskeeper inners are ok but there are plenty better!

Watching Chad interview Cameron for acoustic sounds makes me wonder, what if instead of storf is CHAD in charge of the classics.. he knows basics and he probably could do the job while still running AS and analog productions

Plus then storf is out of just doing this to fill his stax collection and he can stick with doing a pretty good job on country

Last edited:
Watching Chad interview Cameron for acoustic sounds makes me wonder, what if instead of storf is CHAD in charge of the classics.. he knows basics and he probably could do the job while still running AS and analog productions

Plus then storf is out of just doing this to fill his stax collection and he can stick with doing a pretty good job on country
If Chad were in charge of Classics, you would get Doors, Beach Boys, Kind of Blue, Time Out, Bridge Over Troubled Water and every other title he can off the Rolling Stone Top 100 of the 60's and 70's, which is where he gets his curation from. Chad wouldn't even KNOW about, or go anywhere near, Dorothy Ashby...Gabor Szabo...Mr. Hands...Sahara...or many other great titles Classics has turned me on to.

I don't know who's doing the curating or where they're picking from but honestly their picks have been pretty excellent this last year. Even stuff I wasn't into isn't stuff I can fault them for, it just wasn't my bag. I would really hate to see that change, it's the one track that's consistently jamming hard.

If Chad were in charge of Classics, you would get Doors, Beach Boys, Kind of Blue, Time Out, Bridge Over Troubled Water and every other title he can off the Rolling Stone Top 100 of the 60's and 70's, which is where he gets his curation from. Chad wouldn't even KNOW about, or go anywhere near, Dorothy Ashby...Gabor Szabo...Mr. Hands...Sahara...or many other great titles Classics has turned me on to.
was just wanting to make sure we got a lot less storf

I saw that people had begun to receive Abbey Lincoln already which is exciting.

I finally got around to listening to Dorothy Ashby last night and was really impressed. It's a fantastic session anyway but the pressing gives it that little bit extra. Hearing that the original recording wasn't the best anyway, I was impressed with the sound.

Greetings all, just wondering if any of you fine folks currently not signed up for the Rap/Hip-Hop Sub would be willing to do me a solid and subscribe for the upcoming month and send it my way, I would cover the cost plus shipping. DM me if you’d be willing to help me out.

Thanks!

I saw that people had begun to receive Abbey Lincoln already which is exciting.

I finally got around to listening to Dorothy Ashby last night and was really impressed. It's a fantastic session anyway but the pressing gives it that little bit extra. Hearing that the original recording wasn't the best anyway, I was impressed with the sound.
Ditto here--finally cracked open Ashby & listened yesterday morning & today--very nice! I love the variety of sounds among the indiv. tracks, yet the whole thing still seems of a piece.

Abbey did show up in today's mail, but not had a chance to listen yet. And speaking of Abbey, there is a beautiful section in the "Summer of Soul" doc that features her performance w/ Max Roach.

Greetings all, just wondering if any of you fine folks currently not signed up for the Rap/Hip-Hop Sub would be willing to do me a solid and subscribe for the upcoming month and send it my way, I would cover the cost plus shipping. DM me if you’d be willing to help me out.

Thanks!
Are you looking for ATLiens? If so, I can get that for you. Just confirm that we're talking about the same thing and I'll add the track...

Back